PDA

View Full Version : CIGABYTE GTX 560 Ti SuperOverclocked - Awesome with VPR

cgisoul
04-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Just though in sharing my exp. with this card. 2 weeks or so ago, I bought this card and is just dazzling fast with VPR and it costs half the price of a gtx 580. However, it comes with 1 GB ram, research has shown that is almost the same as the GTX 570 even without using the GURU software that comes with the card to get those extra mhz.
Research also shown a great number of users satisfied with this card and Gigabyte is the best among other SOC gtx 560 cards manufacturers.

Hope this helps whoever is thinking to get a new card, but is tight on budget.

Got du luv this card!

TeZzy
04-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Been reading about the gtx560 and hearing good things about it. But VPR doesn't make use of the gpu.

geo_n
04-06-2011, 11:15 PM
vpr is cpu based.
octane is gpu based

cgisoul
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM
I can only compared it by saying that when I was using a semi-professional workstation card ATI Firegl v.5600 (512 mb), though is a semi-professional card and an old card considerably, the gtx 560 gives me a much faster vpr move around experience.
Sorry, I haven't ran any precise program to come up with numbers, but overall, it's just faster and smoother. Everything works much much faster.
Saved quite a bite of money, ended up upgrading to a new Case :)

For tight money users and planning to upgrade to a new card, I really recommend this one.