PDA

View Full Version : blur filter on part of the screen??

bbeanan
10-02-2003, 01:57 PM
I am fixing some video a guy created on FCP whose drive crashed... anyway one of the fixes I need to do is replace some text that he did that was not title safe thus chopping the left and right sides off during playback. What I want to do is create a band that will cover up his text by bluring it out and changing the color but leaving the top and bottom of the frame alone. I will then redo the text and place it on top of the blur band. Can this be done in VT Edit?? or do I need to finally lear Aura?

...then I have to do it another 50 times in his 11min. of footage!!

bbeanan
10-02-2003, 02:31 PM
I think I figured it out... put a copy of the clip in sync apply the blur filter and crop the frame to make the band add text on top and there you have it selective blur!!

Unless there is a better way??

Jim_C
10-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Nope, sounds like you got it.
The secret is in the layers.

bradl
10-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Whoa... maybe a rendered blurred clip can be cropped, but as far as I know a blur filter blurs everything below it. Has this changed?

On further thought, you could blur a clip then overlay two clips above the filter and crop each, one for upper third and one for lower third. If you have 50 to do, I would just blur the entire project and save it to pop in as needed.

bbeanan
10-04-2003, 08:31 AM
That is what I am doing... I took the whole 12 min. clip applied the blur filter and rendered it out...

Then in a new project I put my original non-blured clip placed that on the top below that my blured clip, below that my new text. Then as needed I would fade up my blured clip to mask the messed up video below, cropping the blur clip as needed. You can check out my test clip here: http://www.n2itive.com/clip.htm

I know the text looks to fast but this is Screen1 of 3 so the text actually travels from one screen to the next to the next in all the text will travel 30' (3-8' X 10' screens side by side).