PDA

View Full Version : File extension Missing when rendering frames

3djock
04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
For some reason Lightwave is not showing the file extention it come out blank on the end anybody else have this problem and knows how to fix it?
I can render it out but does not put .tiff or whatever on the end including .lws when saving.. I don't know if this is LW or windows problem.

nickdigital
04-06-2011, 01:59 PM
What is selected in the Format pulldown in your Output tab?

Try an option that has .xxx

3djock
04-06-2011, 02:02 PM

Saving a lightwave scene file does the same thing no extension..

3djock
04-06-2011, 02:11 PM

Thanks again that worked, I guess that is what you have to set it to. For some reason when I save a scene file it leaves it blank, I don't know why but I have to go in in set the extension.. Even when I do and f9 and save there is no extension on the end and I have to put it on..

sdyson
05-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I still have this problem. Lightwave 9.6 won't write the file extension when outputting an image sequence. This happens regardless of the format selected for output. This makes it impossible for any compositing app to recognize the image seq without a file extension-- unless I write a batch program to tack in onto each frame file. Ugh. I recently upgraded to OS X Lion, but prior to that it all worked fine. Anyone have any clues on how to fix this?

BeeVee
05-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Have you checked the Render Globals > Output format choice includes the .xxx?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2807104/RenderGlobals.png

B

sdyson
05-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah, that was it. For some reason, this wasn't an issue in earlier versions and I didn't see it here. Thanks for replying.