PDA

View Full Version : Presets not showing

Willax
04-05-2011, 11:42 PM
I am using 9.6 with Win7 64 bit on a new system. None of my LW default presets are showing up at all. When I look in the preset folder they all show as Outlook data files. Can someone help me in fixing this?

Willax

nickdigital
04-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Presets are loading fine for me. I even have my presets organized in a custom location.

Do you have something selected that would allow the presets to show up? For example do you have a surface selected in Surface Editor?

Willax
04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
The presets are all in the LW folder under surfaces and in their appropriate folders, but they are all suffix'd as 'outlook' files. I can change the suffix to the preset suffix, I just don't know what that is, or why that happened that way.

nickdigital
04-06-2011, 10:26 AM
What's the Outlook suffix? My preset files are .pst files.

Willax
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
the outlook data file has the same suffix .pst, and since I have Outlook on my computer, they are showing as outlook data files and not lightwave preset files

nickdigital
04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not sure if that matters to LightWave...does it?

Willax
04-06-2011, 03:16 PM
ok after some playing around I was able to get it working. The files all defaulted to Outlook files with the pst suffix. If I right clicked them and selected 'open with' and changed it to Lightwave, it changed the icon to Lightwave icons and now they open correctly. Pretty weird. Thanks for the suggestions.