PDA

View Full Version : 3DxWare 10 SpacePilot support

Philbert
04-05-2011, 05:32 AM
3D Connexion's upcoming 3DxWare 10 will have very cool options to let 3D Mice be used on just about any program, news so big Engadget even did an article (http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/02/3dxware-10-lets-3d-mice-work-in-2d-apps-leaves-your-standard-mo/) on it. Unfortunately the beta had no support for SpacePilot devices. Well after many complaints about this they listened to customers and have now announced that beta 10, which is expected in a few weeks, will have support for SpacePilot devices.

http://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4097

I wonder what this will mean for LightWave support? Can we change the way it works in Layout / Modeler?

Hieron
04-05-2011, 05:44 AM
Sure hope it improves things, it's unusable for me in LW10. If I miraculously manage to move it on 1 axis only, all is smooth. But as soon as 2 or more axis are involved it stutters annoyingly..

Philbert
04-05-2011, 06:13 AM
Really? It is reasonably useful to me in LW10, just not as nice as I would like.

Hieron
04-05-2011, 06:50 AM
I tried using it in our big arch viz scenes, stripped them basically bare so mouse moving the camera around is smooth. Yet with 3D mouse it stutters like mad. (only when more axis are involved)

If I try it on a really simple scene it is better.. but I don't have a use for it in simple scenes :/

Philbert
04-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Hmm I just tried it with a scene with about 6.5 million polys. It was a little choppy, but no more than using the navigation icons in the corner of the viewport. Perhaps it's video card related or something.

Hieron
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
hmm.. no different response between normal mouse dragging camera around and 3D Connexion? Would be odd if it is GFX driver related if mouse is fine... but who knows, will try. Thanks for testing and posting the info!

Manveer Dhillon
04-08-2011, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know if the Old version of the Space Pilot will be compatablewith Lightwave 10?

Actually I rephrase this....i have the Spacepilot and I'm having some problems getting my custom keys to work in LW10...seems the 3D mouse works but it just wont apply any of my customizations.

Philbert
04-08-2011, 06:11 PM
It's not just you, they currently don't work in LightWave. There may be some changes in an though.

Manveer Dhillon
04-11-2011, 12:25 PM
It's not just you, they currently don't work in LightWave. There may be some changes in an though.

Any news on when there will be a fix? I contacted 3Dconnexion and they told me to contact Newtek and get the Space Pilot setup through LW10...So it seems there is a fix but I just need to set up the 3D mouse through LW10. Waiting on a response from Newtek tech support.

Philbert
04-11-2011, 01:19 PM
No word that I know of. I'm hoping when 3DXWare 10 comes out it will solve the problems.