PDA

View Full Version : SE2 Monitor during edit is poor

VisionTecVideo
03-31-2011, 10:47 PM
I have both VT5 and on another computer the SE2. When I edit the same HD 720p clips on each system during the process I get far different results in quality of the clips. The VT5 has a 3rd monitor (none computer) coming from the VT card and the picture is perfect during all play back. However during play back on the dual monitor (one dedicated to being the play back monitor, just enlarging the SE2 monitor window on it) used in the SE2 set up I get a nice picture until there is movement in the shot (ie camera pans) then I get a line appearing in the middle of the picture similar to the old days of video tracking lines from VTRs as well a jerky picture. So question 1, is this because the video monitor from the SE2 just has that problem. Is there a fix? Is there a 3rd party video card that will output the SE2 signal to a 3rd non-computer monitor (like in the VT5 system) that will correct this problem?

FYI when I play the same clips on the same computer that the SE2 system is on with Windows Media the picture is perfect. So it appears that the monitor software included with SE2 is poor.

crashnburn
04-02-2011, 05:28 AM
Probably better in the Tricaster section of the forum.

VisionTecVideo
04-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Fixed, apparently the my computer monitor didn't like SE2 videos monitor in SE2 program. I switched monitors with another computer and all is good.