PDA

View Full Version : LWSN "not available"

raw-m
03-31-2011, 02:51 PM
I've done numerous searches and can't see what I'm doing wrong. I'm using LW10 and trying to setup LWSN. This is my basic terminal command (job/ack numbers go up for each core I use):

"/Volumes/meOS/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D10.0/bin/lwsn" −2
-c"/Volumes/me/Users/me/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/10.0/"
-d"/Volumes/me/Users/me/Documents/3d/Projects/me/"
"/Volumes/me/Users/me/Documents/3d/Commands/job1"
"/Volumes/me/Users/me/Documents/3d/Commands/ack1"

I know everything is spread out a bit (my home and OS are on separate HDs) but I've tripple checked all the paths and all is present, but this is the error I'm getting:

Can't open reply file "-c/Volumes/me/Users/me/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LightWave/10.0/".
Current directory is now "/Volumes/me/Users/me/Documents/3d/Projects/me/".
Can't access job file "−2".
Can't access job file "−2".
Can't access job file "−2".......

Worked OK in 9.6. What is "Can't open reply file", what file is it referring to?... Getting desperate!!

Scazzino
03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Try this to make sure your syntax and paths are correct. The free lite version can be used to check your paths and generate the proper syntax.

DLI_SNUB-Launcher (http://dreamlight.com/webshop/utilities/snublauncher.html)

Hope it helps! :thumbsup:

Scazzino
03-31-2011, 03:04 PM
Looks like incorrect syntax... it's looking for "-2" as your job file rather than as the command line switch...

raw-m
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
Cheers Scazzino, nearly there but - "wrong architecture":

Error loading /Volumes/meOS/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D10.0/support/plugins/utility/DVView.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVView: dlopen(/Volumes/meOS/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D10.0/support/plugins/utility/DVView.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVView, 265): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Volumes/meOS/Applications/NewTek/LightWave3D10.0/support/plugins/utility/DVView.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVView: mach-o, but wrong architecture

any ideas?

Lightwolf
03-31-2011, 03:43 PM
any ideas?
Ignore it or delete the plugin. Afaik it's 32-bit only.

Cheers,
Mike

raw-m
03-31-2011, 03:53 PM
Blimey, nothings easy!

I've deleted it/ignored it and seems to render but then it writes an rla file rather than the exr file specified in the scene.

Thanks for your help so far, any other pointers?

Lightwolf
03-31-2011, 03:59 PM
Blimey, nothings easy!

I've deleted it/ignored it and seems to render but then it writes an rla file rather than the exr file specified in the scene.

Thanks for your help so far, any other pointers?
That's odd, it looks like it can't find the proper plugin config.

Try adding (or removing) the "/" at the end of the -c path (whichever is appropriate).

Cheers,
Mike

raw-m
03-31-2011, 04:01 PM
Restarted LW. It's working. I love you both. I'm going home!

Scazzino
03-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Glad we could help, as a tag team of Mikes... ;-)

Lightwolf
03-31-2011, 05:15 PM
...MikeS and MikeW that is. ;)

Cheers,
Mike(W)

wrench
04-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Also, as far as I know, DVView never worked for PAL either, only NTSC so none of Europeans can use it anyway.

B