PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Shift Camera

Photogram
03-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Anyone have any experience with the shift camera?
What is exactly the purpose of the focus item?
There is not many explanation about this in the LW manual...

I'm confused about the Focus Item, i see no interactivity when i use that option with a null placed in the center of my project. The horizontal shift is not following it anywhere i put it. but i can see the focal plane at that location but no effect on the camera in the viewport.

Does the horizontal shift value is suppose take is value with this null?

It's what i need to create my stereoscopic animation with no keystone ( distorsion )

It is possible to use an animated null as a target for the shifting center?

Actually i create an horizontal shift envelope from frame 0-60 and a value of 2.893 for the frame 0 and a value of -2.893 at frame 60 of my linear camera move on the X axis in front of my object.

This is not working very well. The shift plane is not follow perfectly my frame boundary. At the frame 0, at the middle and at the end of the camera move the shifting is ok but in between the shifting seem to lag to the right or left of what i want and this way i can't get a perfect linear anitmation from left to right of my object.

Please help!

Photogram
03-31-2011, 09:56 AM
Ok now it's working...

The problem happen because of my camera rig.

if i unparent my camera and animate it alone i dont have the problem anymore.

I dont understand why there is a lag when my camera is controlled via the motion options with a Position Item. ( a null parented to a rotating null... )

Oh well :(

If somebody have an idea about this...

jameswillmott
03-31-2011, 05:27 PM
Anyone have any experience with the shift camera?
What is exactly the purpose of the focus item?

Let's you lock the focal plane to an object for autotargeting depth of field, or have skewed focal planes where the points in focus are on a plane that isn't perpendicular to the camera.

Anyone have any experience with the shift

There is not many explanation about this in the LW manual...

I'm confused about the Focus Item, i see no interactivity when i use that option with a null placed in the center of my project. The horizontal shift is not following it anywhere i put it. but i can see the focal plane at that location but no effect on the camera in the viewport.

Does the horizontal shift value is suppose take is value with this null?

No.

It's what i need to create my stereoscopic animation with no keystone ( distorsion )

It is possible to use an animated null as a target for the shifting center?

Actually i create an horizontal shift envelope from frame 0-60 and a value of 2.893 for the frame 0 and a value of -2.893 at frame 60 of my linear camera move on the X axis in front of my object.

This is not working very well. The shift plane is not follow perfectly my frame boundary. At the frame 0, at the middle and at the end of the camera move the shifting is ok but in between the shifting seem to lag to the right or left of what i want and this way i can't get a perfect linear anitmation from left to right of my object.

Please help!

After reading your second post there could be a bug, please send it to fogbugz so we can have a look.

Photogram
04-01-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't know the url for the fogbugz and actually not registered i think...

But i will report this :)

Because my production still continue i will go with a single camera not in a rig...

but in the near future i hope to resolve this and have a perfectly working rig.

That idea is because i need a flexible way to setup my camera track in an interactive manner.

When creating these kind of animation i often need to test various parallax distances. That parallax value is in degree.
By using a rotating null at the center of my scene, i can set interactively how much degree i want to test and my camera on the linear track will take his X position via a null orbiting around the center.

And if for example the camera his parented to this null, the camera will translate on X but on Z equally and the resulting animation will not be linear since the null is orbiting and his motion is circular around the center.

Maybe this is beacause i use a orbiting null to drive my camera, if somebody know how to create the formula in relativity for converting the degree to linear...

Other ideas for driving my camera will be very welcome :)

Thanks again and i look for the fogbugz when i get free time!

jameswillmott
04-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I don't know the url for the fogbugz and actually not registered i think...

Bugs:.........................LW-Bugs (at) newtek (dot) com