PDA

View Full Version : DV Inputs not showing up in VT3

jennifertigges
10-02-2003, 10:54 AM
For some reason under VT3 I cannot get any DV-firewire devices to be seen by the toaster. I am running XP-PRO with all the latest patches. When I plug in a device XP sees it and ask what I would like to do with, I can capture using the DVapp that came with VT3. VT3 does not see them, so I have no, DV, inputs for switcher, deck control or batch capability. Has anyone else had this problem.

SBowie
10-03-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by jennifertigges
For some reason under VT3 I cannot get any DV-firewire devices to be seen by the toaster. I am running XP-PRO with all the latest patches. Including DirectX 9.0b?

djlithium
10-03-2003, 08:05 PM
Uninstall your firewire card.
Reinstall then reboot. Make sure you use the MS drivers found with your XP install.
You should then be able to plug the devices in before or while T3 is running and the should show up in either the switcher or the drop down menu.

This has happened when a new fresh install of VT3 or previous patches of the beta were used. Not sure why, but its an easy fix. You don't even have to pull out the card.

I have not had to repeat this step since.

oddly other applications were affected on machines that didn't have toasters in them, but had new DV software installed on them like Premiere Pro or Decision Maker DV.

jennifertigges
10-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by SBowie
Including DirectX 9.0b?
:) Thanks! Ive got it working. Maybe due to my Firewire 800 card in a 64 bit slot. It rocks. Many thanks. Direct X 9 was out of rev.

Jenn