PDA

View Full Version : Irrational Orthopedics - New Bone Plugin

SplineGod
02-28-2003, 04:36 PM
For those of you who were following the Setup Machine Thread. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46039
The name of the new bone plugin Ive been testing is called Orthopedics by Irrational Number. Peter Jespersen is one of the programmers and has allowed me to post a litte info here and there. He gave me the go ahead to talk more about it. These are the functions in the first pack which they plan to release in about 2 weeks:
Joint Mover
Breaker
Fuser
Twister
Align Pitch
Delete
Connector
Clone/mirror
They are for LW 7.5 only
From here it only gets better.
Follow the link to:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46814

hrgiger
02-28-2003, 06:50 PM
I read through those discussions on CGTalk and I'm definately curious.

First of all Larry, I could barely make out the attachments. The images seemed a little lo-res and the print? Forget about it. It might of well have been in chinese. From what I saw, it seemed like the plug-in might work similar to messiah bones.

Secondly, is this plug-in simply to help you rig or does it build auto-setups like ACS4 and TSM? I mean, is it totally different or what? I guess for the most part, I hate the rigging process as it is so time consuming (and a lof of that could just be the present modeler to layout setup we have now) and so I love ACS4 to get up and animating right away. I guess what I want to know is, since I already own ACS4, how will having this new plug-in benefit me?

SplineGod
02-28-2003, 07:37 PM
This first pak is designed to give real functionality to layout bones that just isnt there.

Joint Mover - allows you to select two bones and move/place the joints. Assign it to a hot key and its very quick to use.

Breaker - Allows a bone to be broken up into multiple bones. It will do so linearly or interpolate along a curve.

Fuser - Allows bones to be fused into a single bone.

Twister - Allows the same functionality of the bank handles on skelegons

Aligner - Aligns the childs pitch plant to the parents

Delete - Allows a bone to be deleted without the children collapsing to zero. This allows the child bones to remain in place so they can be moved or reconnected.

Connecter - Allows a bones to connect to each other in various ways: Parent stretches the child, child stretches to the parent or a new bone added in between

Clone/Mirror - You can clone/mirror a bone heirarchy along with IK

This is not a replacement for Setup Machine or ACS4.

This is the first of several paks which will have even more advanced character tools. :)
For $65 this is a GREAT deal. :)

Skonk
03-01-2003, 06:35 AM
Sounds good, at that price it cant hurt to get it even if u own acs4 or tsm :)

James..

SplineGod
03-01-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by SpankDaddy
Sounds good, at that price it cant hurt to get it even if u own acs4 or tsm :)

James..
Thats what I say! Its inexpensive...

Rory_L
03-04-2003, 04:10 AM
...and they`re porting to Mac as soon as the PC version`s out! Yabba dabba dooooooooooooo!

:D

Rory (hyperventilating)