PDA

View Full Version : Flash Streaming To Limelight Networks LLW

alexoliveira
03-29-2011, 03:37 PM
So I just battled with getting flash streaming up to Limelight Networks CDN and I wanted to post my results to hopefully save you nice people the hassle one day.

Firstly, if you don't already know this, you need to install a custom .dll, what they call an adaptor into the flash media encoder directory. LLNW can supply you with the full exe install flat. Generally speaking it just works in about 5 seconds of install. You cannot stream flash to LLNW without having this installed...like at all. So don't try.

Now then, that's reasonably common knowledge. What I DID learn that about the tricaster is that if you assume you know what each field does, you would be wrong :)

Here's tricaster to FMLE translation (for those familiar with FMLE)

File Name = Save To File
Location = FMS URL
Stream ID = Stream

You could be forgiven for thinking the file name was where you identified your live stream because it ends in flv but it's not.

For safety put the same thing in both the stream id and file name boxes.

csandy
03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the tip. I believe when I saw early TCXD850 prototypes, there was going to be presets that saved you the trouble of translating for popular CDNs. I think this was abandoned. Maybe it's in the manual? I haven't seen it, but it may be there. It would be great to start a thread that had the appropriate "translations" for the gamut of CDNs TriCaster users use.