PDA

View Full Version : skelegons with one vertices has been found

lreyes
03-29-2011, 11:21 AM
I must be having a senior moment, when I do skelegons on one layer and then cut them and paste them on the objects, I get a message from Layout that only one skelegon with one vertices has been found. Am I doing the cutting and copying down wrong, I never had this problem in the past. Do I have to do anything with those skelegons in modeler before copying and pasting?

Nangleator
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Hmm. They are polygons, not vertices. Did you copy in Poly mode?

lreyes
03-29-2011, 11:54 AM
Must be something wrong with my model, because when I did a complete new object like a simple can...I made skelegons in modeler and cut and paste on can and then to layout, the skelegons converted okay. Wonder what is wrong with my model, have to probe into it some more.

lreyes
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
I was going by Jonny Gorden book on Rigging and Animation where it say to delete the first bone in a chain to make sure alignment is correct on the rest of the skelegons, maybe that is what is causing the problem.

Dodgy
03-29-2011, 09:34 PM
You possibly have had a skelegon which has had its end points in the same place and merged them together, thus creating a 1-point skelegon (like a 1 point poly). Find it using the Statistics window and delete it.