PDA

View Full Version : nintendo 3ds?

cresshead
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM
so anyone picked up a nintendo 3ds yet?

i had a quick go on one in a shop playing pilotwings 3ds, was pretty cool was like looking thru a small window into another 3d world on the other side of the screen pretty different really.

borkus
03-28-2011, 02:35 AM
Here's what I thought to be a (fairly) objective review on the hardware.

Nintendo 3ds Game Reactor TV Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H3urqsRwQE)

Sadly, they have not released any units in my area. I will give Nintendo every bit of credit where credit is due. They do make a game system that has fun games on it. That has always been the case since the old days... Yes, recently they haven't had the best graphics or gimmicks like some of the other systems, but their games are fun to play and that is and should be the whole point of playing a video game, IMHO.

EmperorPete
03-28-2011, 09:07 AM
I got a chance to play on one for about 3/4 of an hour at a recent Nintendo preview event in Glasgow, and I was really impressed. As a lifelong migraine sufferer I was concerned about whether the 3D would affect me badly, and happily it didn't at all. The games were good too, and the Augmented Reality stuff was great fun.
I'll be getting one as soon as I can pony up the cash for it.

achrystie
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I tried one out in the store. It's undoubtedly cool, but not $250 cool IMHO.

Red_Oddity
03-28-2011, 03:32 PM
It's funny, but apparently a lot of people turn off the 3d function after a while, making it an overly expensive DS2.

And no, i don't have one yet (maybe see if my brother takes one along from his trip to Japan next week, probably not, as the 3DS is the first region locked Nintendo handheld in a long time)

cresshead
03-29-2011, 06:18 AM
re region locked

nintendo DSi
nintendo DSi XL

both of these are region locked as i bought a Korgds10 plus from usa and shipped it to the UK and that fails to work on my uk dsi XL...though it works on my version 1 silver nintendo DS

so the nintendo 3DS is the 3rd region locked hand held device.

walfridson
03-29-2011, 10:20 AM
got one day after release.. was just bored with my psp.
the region lock sucks.. the 3d is really nice actually. no problems for my eyes and brain

Dave5158
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Got mine on the day it was released here in the U.K. I've been, mainly, playing about with the camera. The results really rely on your choice of layout but when they're good, they're really good.

I wanted to see if there was any way I could make view a Lightwave rendered image in appear in 3D on my 3DS and after searching the net for info on the .MPO file format that it uses I came across a program called stphmkre. I rendered a left and right image and using the program managed to view the picture. One thing, though; you need to save the file with the name HNI_ (the underscore character MUST be used) and a four figure number, for example, like 0100.

The 3D effect is a bit subtle on the image I chose so I aim to play about with the eye-seperation settings and see if that helps.

I am pretty inexperienced with Lightwave (I am using ver. 9.6) so this all, probably, known to you all but I thought I would share my news.

walfridson
03-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Cool Dave, hope we can soon show rendered animations on it..