PDA

View Full Version : ESata to Thunderbolt adapter question

virtualcomposer
03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm getting the new IMac next month hopefully when they come out next month (crossing fingers). I have an Esata hard drive I stream everything from on my Macbook Pro right now but when I get the IMac, I probrably won't have an ESata option. I don't want to spend $200 on an adapter and was wondering if they have an ESata to Thnuderbolt adapter or conversion cable for this. My drive only has ESata and USB 2.0 so not much of an alternative for it that's for sure.

a sandwhich
03-26-2011, 04:10 PM
This thread might be of some help:
http://forums.macnn.com/57/consumer-hardware-and-components/434143/esata-thunderbolt-adapter/

Surflover74
05-15-2011, 08:28 PM
I'm getting the new IMac next month hopefully when they come out next month (crossing fingers). I have an Esata hard drive I stream everything from on my Macbook Pro right now but when I get the IMac, I probrably won't have an ESata option. I don't want to spend $200 on an adapter and was wondering if they have an ESata to Thnuderbolt adapter or conversion cable for this. My drive only has ESata and USB 2.0 so not much of an alternative for it that's for sure.

No one has officially announced any adapters yet that I'm aware of but Sonnet is advertising their robust external hardrive solutions with Thunderbolt ports. Pegasus and Lacie are also advertising there Thunderbolt solutions as well. You can have your Imac sent directly from Apple to Other World Computing for an ESata adapter to be put in.