PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 10 crash

AmigaNewTek
03-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Hello everyone,

trying to get Lightwave 10 to works on a quad core intel with Windows 7 64 bit. When i click on one of the modeler tools (box, point and others) Lightwave immediatly crashes. If i let the installation of the trial in discovery mode lightwave doesn't have problem. As soon as i register the product i get the crashes explained above.

I have checked everything: permissions on the directory, admin installation, installed the latest nvidia certified drivers and son on...

Another Lightwave installation on a Powerbook (with Windows 7 64 bit) works both in discovery and trial mode without problems.

Any thought?

Thank you
:help:

AmigaNewTek
03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Well, it's seems that Lightwave 10 is not compatible or get unstable with K9 web protection software. Uninstalling K9 web protection, Lightwave 10 works fine (and more fast) in both discovery and trial mode.

Where to report this issue?

wrench
03-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Send a message to [email protected]

B

toddd240
03-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Well, it's seems that Lightwave 10 is not compatible or get unstable with K9 web protection software. Uninstalling K9 web protection, Lightwave 10 works fine (and more fast) in both discovery and trial mode.

Where to report this issue?

I believe K9 is run by Bluecoat and proxy based service. There is something with the proxy screwing up the system.

I believe there is a way to bypass Lightwave's authentication against the K9 proxy.

JohnMarchant
05-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Well i have the same problem but dont have K9 installed use MS security essentials. When ever i start it starts up but as soon as i try to load something it crashes and corrupts the UI and does not even open the load dialog box.

It does this in all modes, normal licensed and discovery mode. No third party plugins used and brand new configs.

Well this has really got me now. Its started to freeze up again, if i delete all configs and start it up it works a couple of times then freezes again. If i delete the configs again it works again but only for a bit