PDA

View Full Version : Procedural Texture issues

PHO3NIX_F1RE
03-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Ok, I'm new to these forums, so I'm not 100% if this is the correct place to ask this, but here I go. I've searched these forums and many others, and I can't find anyone who has had similar issues or any solutions.

I'm texturing a wall, and I'm using the 'Brick' Procedural Texture over a plain white surface at the moment, I have done it on one wall and it works fine, but I used the same technique to put it on a wall which is at a 90˚ angle to the first one, and the 'Brick' Procedural is showing up as a checkerboard.

I'm sure it'll be a simple thing to fix, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

rwhunt99
03-26-2011, 03:32 PM
If you have one surface for the walls and are using the bricks three D texture, that is what you should see. If you break the texture into say side walls and end walls, you can apply the texture using two different axis

PHO3NIX_F1RE
03-26-2011, 04:11 PM
I have the walls as separate surfaces, and in the Surface Editor, I've tried applying the texture on all three axis, X and Y display a flat grey colour and Z displays the checkerboard, using the same grey and the blue I'm using as the base colour. I'm not even sure where it's got this grey from, because I've set the colour for the Brick texture to white. :S

Here's a screenshot of what's going on.

lertola2
03-26-2011, 10:02 PM
It looks the far wall happens to intersect the grout between the bricks. Choose a different axis for the texture on the far wall or add a reference null so you can rotate and move the texture.

-Joe

PHO3NIX_F1RE
03-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the response Joe, I added a null as a reference object and it almost fixed it, it seems to be showing up as the 'Grid' procedural now, but as it's in the background and not visible for very long I'm just going to leave it at that, deadlines and whatnot.

Thanks for the help.

Builtdown
03-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Model the bricks/tiles. It will look 100 times better...

jrandom
03-31-2011, 02:27 PM
Model the bricks/tiles. It will look 100 times better...

... and completely blow out your polygon count as well. :)