PDA

View Full Version : Gradually losing output options

Nangleator
03-24-2011, 08:01 AM
Using 10, 32-bit. I have crashes when it's time to write images to disk. Using F9 and QV4, I get a nice preview, but when I choose to save the file, I get no error message, yet nothing is written to disk. It started out with Photoshop formats, and I could choose other formats to save to. now, .BMP works, and I haven't found anything else that does, currently.

I reloaded all Input/Output plugins, with no effect.

03-24-2011, 08:31 AM
An increasing creeping problem ?
Un-install, remove all traces, re-install !

Nangleator
03-24-2011, 08:44 AM
It seems to be increasing. Yes, I guess I'll have to do the reinstall. Desperately want to keep my configs, though.

nickdigital
03-24-2011, 09:39 AM
The plug-in listing is separate from your configs (shortcuts, window layout) so you should be able to save your configs.

The plug-in list is saved in a cfg file with EXT in the filename.

Nangleator
03-24-2011, 10:41 AM
Well, quite amusingly, deleting LW and the EXT config file, and reinstalling, the situation has not changed. I suppose I should have used the Uninstall .EXE?

nickdigital
03-24-2011, 12:17 PM
What about rescanning your plug-ins? Does the ext file get updated properly?

Nangleator
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Oh, it just gets funnier.

I scanned the directory and did some test renders on the default scene. They saved, and I thought the problem was fixed.

However, when I render my current work, at only 3,150 x 4,025, I am again limited to saving as a .BMP.

My problem might be a win32 thing. I've got 4 gigs of RAM, but XP snorts with derision over that fourth one.

Does it make a RAM difference whether you render to Linear or sRGB output?