PDA

View Full Version : Update to 10

WimH
03-24-2011, 04:55 AM
Hi everybody,

I dont know where else to ask but I recently bought this LW 9.6 with free update to version 10. It comes from an official LW dealer in the Netherlands.
I'm waiting for almost 2 months for my update. They say that I'll receive a mail when the update online is available. That they are first sending out the hardcopies and then the online free udate...Is this true?

cheers

fablefox
03-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Interesting... can't say anything though. maybe they're doing that because they have no stock of v10, and except to sort this out business 2 business with you using that particular (version 9) serial number and dongle.

i should have known, may local distributor didn't have ver 10 on stock too, and when i first call them, the one who pick up the telephone went "version 10? there is no version 10." and I told them to look up the newtek website. so i need to wait around three week for it to arrive, but after reading the issue regarding dongle, i decided to go for ver 10 box, so that i have the latest usb dongle.

wrench
03-25-2011, 11:55 AM
In any case, you can always download the LightWave 10 trial edition and as long as you have a dongle and LightWave 10 serial number you can register it on your account at http://reg.newtek.com. The trial edition is the full install, you just don't get the content, but then most people haven't received that anyway.

B

Dexter2999
03-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Most all European members are still waiting for their physical copies to my knowledge.
One member posted that Newtek Europe told him that his copy was expected to ship by the end of this month.

wrench
03-25-2011, 11:58 AM
That's why I said "most" ;)

B

WimH
03-29-2011, 02:10 AM
man thx a lot for this info, i just wanted to know if he was BSing me or not.

stijn
03-30-2011, 05:42 AM
We are also STILL waiting. Not even for the physical thing, just registration.
Jumped through MANY hoops, but still no dice.
Paid for it ages ago, zero cooperation from Newtek europe.

lardbros
03-30-2011, 05:49 AM
We are also STILL waiting. Not even for the physical thing, just registration.
Jumped through MANY hoops, but still no dice.
Paid for it ages ago, zero cooperation from Newtek europe.

Really??? Newtek Europe were outstanding with my issue. Sent them an email, they called me back that day. Then they called again when they had figured out the issue... it was with our reseller, not them!!

Oh, and what are you waiting for the registration for? Just register on their site, and then input the dongle ID. Honest to god, if your actual package is coming straight from Newtek Europe, they ship within 24hrs, so you'd have received it already if it had. It'll be a problem with your reseller, who have bought copies of Lightwave, but haven't shipped them out yet.

stijn
03-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Really. Last email was two weeks ago, with this question:

"Could you please tell me in a "membership for dummies"-way where and how to join the Core forums? Including a link and login details?"

Maybe someone here can point us to the light ;)

lardbros
03-30-2011, 10:28 AM
If I'm honest I can't remember how you join the Core forums... sorry!

BUT, you have a forum login, so send that to Chuck Baker, or someone else here at the Newtek forum, who is a moderator, along with proof of your purchase of LW10 (which should include the HardCore subscription), and I'm sure they'll add you to the list... i think it's a manual process, so maybe Newtek Europe don't have the ability to do it?

The second you get your dongle, and you register it here:

http://register.newtek.com/Splash.aspx

You choose all the options which are correct for the copy you just bought, input all the dongle ID stuff and you will be given access to a beta (HardCore) membership number and your Lightwave License Keys. I'm just not sure how you go about getting access to the beta forums... but Chuck Baker is your man I'd have thought! (Sorry Chuck!)

Guess they should have made the system more straight forward for new people... otherwise it's a bit of a mess really.

wrench
03-30-2011, 11:45 AM
You have to contact customer services with your forum ID and they'll manually give you access to the Core forums.

B

stijn
03-31-2011, 05:55 AM
Thanks guys. At least the LW community still rules :bday:

WimH
04-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Hi guys, just wanted to give you the info that I received a hard copy YOEHOO, now trying to get it running, man I'm so bad at this. cheers and many thanks for all the good replies!!

stijn
04-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Good luck with that :) We finally got it running.