PDA

View Full Version : Help on batch rendering

jagoca
10-02-2003, 06:36 AM
I'm interested in doing batch rendering on my single computer with the help of ScreamernetII

However, network rendering panel doesn't recognize any computer.

I have executed LWSN, although I'm not sure if it's necessary to specify working and config directories, having in mind that there's only a single computer running. (The manual says so, more or less, I think...)

Thanks in advance.

jpburns
10-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Please give us some more information... Like platform?

murdoch
10-02-2003, 06:10 PM
here's how it works for me, on a mac.

the config/prefs and the content directory need to be specified in the LWSN cmdline file -> lightwave folder -> programs folder. mine looks like this.

-2 -c"OSX:Users:murdoch:Library:Preferences:" -d"yourHDname:Content:" job1 ack1

it simply points to 1. where your configs/prefs are and 2. where your content directory is.

-------

make sure you've set up all your save options in the scenes as you would with an F10 render, save the files and close.

now the slightly odd but very important bit. DON'T launch ScreamerNet - if you do you'll get a message stating: Can't open job file "job1".

firstly, launch LW, go to Rendering -> Network Rendering (the command directory shows where your content directory is, this should be the same place as the " -d"yourHDname:Content:" of your LWSN cmdline) -> click Screamer Init -> Checking for CPUs... -> No available ScreamerNet CPUs were detected -> OK -> close Network Rendering -> Quit LW

now launch ScreamerNet -> Lightwave command: init (this should be constantly repeating itself)

launch LW, go to Rendering -> Network Rendering -> click Screamer Init -> Checking for CPUs... -> initializing... -> One available ScreamerNet CPU was detected. -> Add Scene to list... and you're ready to batch.

took me a while to get there, but i got there. good luck.

jagoca
10-03-2003, 11:32 AM
Thanks, I will try it! As you said, I was not doing the steps correctly.