PDA

View Full Version : Zvrk- character

veljko
10-02-2003, 02:40 AM
Here are all the Zvrk character poses i made for a client so far..

hope you like it!:)

starbase1
10-02-2003, 06:03 AM
Consistently excellent!

I partiocularly like the pharoah one - and you have even managed to get a good sky out of skytracer unless I am mistaken!

Is it for a kids TV series?

Nick

Hiraghm
10-02-2003, 01:12 PM
He looks great!
I'm curious.. for the astronaut especially, and some of the other pics, did you model clothing on top of his body, or did you model new bodies in the shape of the clothing?

veljko
10-03-2003, 01:15 AM
Hi-

Thanx for the cool rewievs!:)

Its for a Kids magazine- Originaly the character was drawn by hand, but they decided to step into the new mellenium and make it a 3d modell-thats where i jumped in:)

Now from issue to issue of the mag i make the character in various poses and situations..
My next assigment is an elvis presly rocker pose and an ancient greek pose-

To answer your question Hiraghm, I modeled the clothing and then add hands and any other part of the body that is visible-
Since there was no animating involved I never rigged the char, so it would be too much unnessery work to pose the naked body under the cloths-

i have a naked version of the character from whcih i just cut out the parts that are going to be visable in a particiluar scene or pose, and the add it to the clothes..:)l-

starbase1
10-03-2003, 03:43 AM
Well, it is just an idea, but I think the character would animate very well. If the magazine goes well, I think you should try animating him.

Even if you only do him smilling and waving, you could put this in a screensaver, give it to the clients, and the would be reminded of your potential to do a TV series every time the screensaver played!

Nick:D

Shloime
10-03-2003, 04:16 AM
Dobar dan.

Congratulations from me too. I like the continuous style, everything fits together, and the choice of colours should make it a winner for a childrens magazine.

What is the name of the magazine, so I can pick up a copy when I am in Croatia again?

veljko
10-03-2003, 06:33 AM
Hi!-

The name of the magazine is "Zvrk" and it is published by PROFIL

You can buy it mostly in ZG and my best bet would be in their book store at captol street about 5 minutes from the chatedral...
:)

As for the animating potential, i am not much of an animator:), i mostly do modeling and texturing so i dont know what would i do with an animating gig:)

But, you did give me an idea, maby i could pitch an idea for a screen saver and earn some cash on it :D
A gift for all the Zvrk magazine buyers perhaps? Or something to put on Profils web site? hmm.. thanx!

rrae33
10-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Zvrk:

Great looking Characters, lighting, Shadows, etc. Did you do everything in LW.

veljko
10-06-2003, 02:54 AM
Hi,
yes, everything was done i LW-

The piramids are a backdrop image, everything else is rendered...

ruud
10-06-2003, 07:26 AM
I'm curious, did you animate him already?

I really like the different characters you made of him. But for some renders I would say, Take out the ambient lighting, especially with the space render. It would look better if the picture has some contrast in the character itself also.

But nice, you're client must be very happy to have hired you! :D

Greetz!