PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the new Ozone 5 plugin??

virtualcomposer
03-21-2011, 12:54 AM
Just wondering what you guys think of the new Ozone 5 plugin that E-on has. It looked really cool and I think it would beat having to render out hypervoxels and all of the other stuff that makes it much harder to get a nice looking scene out. Does it work flawless with Lightwave?

prometheus
03-21-2011, 01:59 AM
Just wondering what you guys think of the new Ozone 5 plugin that E-on has. It looked really cool and I think it would beat having to render out hypervoxels and all of the other stuff that makes it much harder to get a nice looking scene out. Does it work flawless with Lightwave?

check this thread, I began some test a few days ago, and last night
I put on a render with a hypervoxel trail through ozone clouds, but in order to get voxels being obscured by clouds you need to activate the raymarch option in ozone option panel, and ray marching is quite slow compared to if you render ozone and hyperoxels without it.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117706

the animation test for 200 frames wasnīt even ready this morning and I started it yesterday evening, and I think I got some weird camera motion too, have to check when I get home later today, and Ill put it up at my vimeo test page.

Ozone works with VPR, ozone with just spectral atmosphere and only sun without clouds is really fast in vpr, ozone 5 cloud with cloud layer 1 is quite fast too, the cloud layer 2 type is significant much slower thou.
godrays with cloud layers 1 works decently too.

lensflares shows up fast in vpr too, but they arenīt following the true sunposition here in the vpr, but if you final render it will be correct.

Ufortunatly, the plugin isnīt making any huge leaps for the new versions, It
still has a very small previewer wich only can show the sky and clouds and you canīt really see finer details as you can when resizing the previewer in vue, so that one is locked.
Then you canīt tweak and alter the cloud detail tab that is available in vue, in ozone it doesnīt exist..the tweaks were roughness,uniformity,cloud detail scale and amount.

you canīt tweak the noises for cloud density either, since the node functions arenīt available as in vue.

workflow wise Itīs a bit annoying that you must close the ozone panel if you tweak something, in order to see it update the vpr.

other than that..if they fix most of these issues it will be a pretty awesome plugin.

hereīs some rough simple test..the hypervoxel trails will be up later today thou I believe.
http://vimeo.com/user680656

clouds can be tweaked to much better realism, if it had the cloud detail tab in there, or had the nodes function or at least having a bigger previewer in order to scale the clouds while looking at the progress in the previewer wich is hard when itīs so small.

Michael

prometheus
03-21-2011, 02:06 AM
In most cases by the way, It should beat hypervoxels for cloud realism, but fore some fx shots you might want to use hypervoxels anyway.

other alternatives for volumetric clouds are Ogo Taiki, an old plugin for lightwave wich unfortunatly isnīt happening much with.
Michael

virtualcomposer
03-21-2011, 02:43 AM
check this thread, I began some test a few days ago, and last night
I put on a render with a hypervoxel trail through ozone clouds, but in order to get voxels being obscured by clouds you need to activate the raymarch option in ozone option panel, and ray marching is quite slow compared to if you render ozone and hyperoxels without it.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117706

the animation test for 200 frames wasnīt even ready this morning and I started it yesterday evening, and I think I got some weird camera motion too, have to check when I get home later today, and Ill put it up at my vimeo test page.

Ozone works with VPR, ozone with just spectral atmosphere and only sun without clouds is really fast in vpr, ozone 5 cloud with cloud layer 1 is quite fast too, the cloud layer 2 type is significant much slower thou.
godrays with cloud layers 1 works decently too.

lensflares shows up fast in vpr too, but they arenīt following the true sunposition here in the vpr, but if you final render it will be correct.

Ufortunatly, the plugin isnīt making any huge leaps for the new versions, It
still has a very small previewer wich only can show the sky and clouds and you canīt really see finer details as you can when resizing the previewer in vue, so that one is locked.
Then you canīt tweak and alter the cloud detail tab that is available in vue, in ozone it doesnīt exist..the tweaks were roughness,uniformity,cloud detail scale and amount.

you canīt tweak the noises for cloud density either, since the node functions arenīt available as in vue.

workflow wise Itīs a bit annoying that you must close the ozone panel if you tweak something, in order to see it update the vpr.

other than that..if they fix most of these issues it will be a pretty awesome plugin.

hereīs some rough simple test..the hypervoxel trails will be up later today thou I believe.
http://vimeo.com/user680656

clouds can be tweaked to much better realism, if it had the cloud detail tab in there, or had the nodes function or at least having a bigger previewer in order to scale the clouds while looking at the progress in the previewer wich is hard when itīs so small.

Michael

Wow, you're really good with hypervoxels. The fire was great! Ozone still sounds like a great plug-in and with clients wanting a city fly thru or a realistic cloud structure around building or cities, this might work perfect for me.

prometheus
03-21-2011, 02:58 AM
Wow, you're really good with hypervoxels. The fire was great! Ozone still sounds like a great plug-in and with clients wanting a city fly thru or a realistic cloud structure around building or cities, this might work perfect for me.

true..once you get your cloud scaling and detail correct, It will yield very cool realistic results mostly, and buildings encased in clouds will look nicer perhaps than hypervoxels, that is mostly due to atmosphere interaction and the cloud density not being limited to a particle falloff, such as the case with hypervoxels, even thou you can with tricks use a geometry plane wich is quite subdivided and apply voxels within the dissolve channel over the whole plane.

Im curious, what fire did you mean? Im having some turbulence fluids there on the page along with hypervoxels, so you are not confusing them.

Michael

virtualcomposer
03-21-2011, 03:07 AM
true..once you get your cloud scaling and detail correct, It will yield very cool realistic results mostly, and buildings encased in clouds will look nicer perhaps than hypervoxels, that is mostly due to atmosphere interaction and the cloud density not being limited to a particle falloff, such as the case with hypervoxels, even thou you can with tricks use a geometry plane wich is quite subdivided and apply voxels within the dissolve channel over the whole plane.

Im curious, what fire did you mean? Im having some turbulence fluids there on the page along with hypervoxels, so you are not confusing them.

Michael

that's probably what I meant. It was very realistic for certain.

prometheus
03-22-2011, 02:08 PM
A little hypervoxel trail test above and slightly through clouds..
Just tested how it would be obscured by clouds, didnīt bother about getting a good voxel trail thou:D

http://vimeo.com/21359403

Michael

virtualcomposer
03-22-2011, 05:09 PM
A little hypervoxel trail test above and slightly through clouds..
Just tested how it would be obscured by clouds, didnīt bother about getting a good voxel trail thou:D

http://vimeo.com/21359403

Michael

looks like a pretty nasty storm under those clouds. 8~8~8~

prometheus
03-23-2011, 02:05 AM
looks like a pretty nasty storm under those clouds. 8~8~8~

yeah..depends on sunposition, and cloud level height.

and perhaps the aerial perspective.

Michael

virtualcomposer
03-23-2011, 09:25 AM
yeah..depends on sunposition, and cloud level height.

and perhaps the aerial perspective.

Michael

I used to live in Kansas so I know what those cloud colours mean and I would want to stay above those clouds. LOL

prometheus
03-24-2011, 01:50 AM
LOL..your not in kansas anymore toto:)

Sometimes I wish I lived where the thunderstorms are..as long as I donīt get hit by the hurricanes or tornados.

In sweden thereīs rarely any extreme weather conditions, no earthquakes, no tornados, no hurricanes etc.

I wouldnīt be surprised if we someday get hit by a meteor thou:foreheads

I noticed that you can boost up or correct the white point and black point in adobe after effects to acheive even more dramatic light scattering inside the dark clouds, the data is there even if the raw render doesnīt display it when a final render is done.

One feature I would like to see in vue or ozone, Itīs a kind of different color scattering inside the clouds, It can sometimes occour when thereīs what it seems to be somekind of Ice chrystals reflecting light, hard to describe it, I havenīt found a good picture of it on the net.

Michael