PDA

View Full Version : 2 embarrassingly simple queries from forum newbie

catherinepalmer
03-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Hello,

Iíve recently upgraded to 9.6 from 7.5, and have confirmed I am within the date window for a free upgrade to v10Ö but where do I actually get it? (Other posts seem to confirm itís out in the wild and being used.)

In my personal registration section there is a download page, but that only gives me files up to and including v9.6; and though v10 is available as a trial edition from the main page of the site, that seems to be an entirely different program that reverts to 'discovery' mode once the period has expired.

Do I download that (I notice the 32 & 64 bit versions have different registration entries so I can run both on the same machine?), register, and it over-writes my 9.6 details?

Secondly, why are these forums only keeping the last 100 posts? Surely this means people are asking the same questions over and over again?

As the title says, apologies for the really silly questions, but there doesnít seem to be anything in the FAQ about upgrading either.

thanks,

Catherine.

nickdigital
03-19-2011, 11:14 AM
When you say you upgraded from 7.5 to 9.6 do you mean you recently bought 10? 9.6 and 10 are separate point releases. If you bought 10 I'm not sure if it'll show up in your Registration page. Buying 10 should give you access to the HardCore forum and I know you can d/l 10 there. NewTek is also shipping out the physical cds now.

Worse come to worse email customer support.

catherinepalmer
03-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the physical 9.6 DVD and registered it ok, but it was bought as part of the free 9.6 > 10 upgrade process. I was given details of something called Lightwave Core but as I didn't know what it was and its lack didn't affect the correct installation and running of 9.6, I didn't do anything with it (plus I don't even know what it is, and the phrase 'professional community' sounds rather exclusive when I'm just a hobbyist).

Is this where I get the 10 upgrade from, then, or do I have to order another CD from Newtek?

nickdigital
03-19-2011, 11:38 AM
No, the 10 cd (might be a dvd, can't remember) should be on it's way to you.

What you want to do is email customer support so they can grant access to the HardCore forum for your forum id.

Just as a test see if this link takes you anywhere:
http://newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=264

catherinepalmer
03-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Am logged on here all right but clicking the link tells me I'm not logged in or don't have access, so obviously two separate places.

Thanks for the help... will email customer support as you suggest and see what the process is (didn't want to do that straight away in case I'd missed an obvious solution).