PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Designs _ My first interior scene

stevmjon
03-19-2011, 06:54 AM
These are some designs my mum wanted to see, to give her ideas for a new kitchen.

i have been using LW for years, but it never occured to me that this is my first interior scene.

i used linear lights, dome light, and point light with radiosity set for 3 bounces. LW10 used.

hope you like them , stevmjon

p.s. this is my 1ooth post. woohoo. only taken several years.

stevmjon
03-19-2011, 07:05 AM
here is another closer shot at a different angle. not too sure about the position of the microwave though, but mum likes it there.

stevmjon

Lewis
03-19-2011, 08:09 AM
That looks like ordinary kitchen in real life (at least in Europe :)). I like the fact that it's not that "fancy" good looking kitchen with low real life usability, this one is functional :).

As for WIP i like it and you should work on more textures and make counter doors/panels little more colorful and maybe add some spec and reflections. As for model maybe you should add micro bevels on counter doors to catch up some light/reflections on them too and avoid too sharp edges.

cheers

stevmjon
03-19-2011, 05:28 PM
everything is bevelled, there are no sharp edges anywhere. it seems that radiosity takes away the specularity from edges.

i rendered this without radiosity and it caught light on the small bevelled edges, but didn't look as good.

i actually added micro bumps to cupboard doors, but switched them off, and forgot to turn them on again. doh. i will do another pic with a grooved pattern in all cupboard doors, with micro bumps on.

as for colours, that is what mum wanted.

glad you like the progress so far.

stevmjon

JonW
03-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Real life issues.... (I like the renders!)

Move the oven as high as possible, it saves your back! Have the pantry door next to the fridge open the other side, because in general one moves between here & the benchtop.

Rangehood & cupboards keep the bottom edge at the same level, but 600mm high (gas may be higher?), cleaner lines. Put a dishwasher in! I also put some LED strip lighting under the upper cupboards, it works really well & brightens everything up, this is even better for older people!, use the warm white, not the cool white.

The splashback in my kitchen I used a Laminex panel, also did this on another kitchen 17 years ago (Old Kitchen.jpg) before glass splashbacks became popular, which we used for most of this time & it works really well, it doesn't show the dirt like glass & it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Under my oven there is a cupboard door which hinges down, I hadn't put the handle on when this photo was taken (Things still to finish at this stage). There is useful space for oven trays etc.

abdelkarim
03-20-2011, 07:12 PM
i think i can do better . or i mean i can get the same result as reality. but for now i havnt time to model this one. i have lot of work . when i finish i go on this.

but thnx :D

stevmjon
03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
@JonW , thanks for the ideas. there is more to think about than you realise with kitchens. glad you like the renders.

@abdelkarim , if you can post your scene it will help. since this is my first interior scene, i wasn't 100% sure on setting up the lights. some of the textures were a little rushed too. since it was just getting ideas in a visual way for mum, i wasn't too worried on realism.

thanks stevmjon

MAUROCOR
03-21-2011, 05:01 AM
I like the last render.
You should change the "marble" texture, the pattern of repeticion is too visible. Maybe a procedural or a bigger image.
Lewis gave you some good advices.
Keep the good work.
:thumbsup:

abdelkarim
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
ok i will.