PDA

View Full Version : Casting logo down for reflection?

SLAYER
10-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Hi,

I have attached the following pic.

How would I go about making a text logo reflect off of the floor alongide the length of my object in the picture. Let's say I wanted my name as the reflection. Rather than make it part of the floor, can I somehow hover it above and strategically place its reflection?

Thanks

In case anybody is wondering what the hell this is, It is what is commonly referred to as a dog-box. I am a CAD designer (solidworks) and I work at a company that designs and fabricates Aircraft interior components and furniture ie, closets, bins, dog-boxes for commercial aircraft.

A dog box is commonly used for stowing miscellaneous or emergency equipment like fire extinguishers, etc and placed on the floor of the aircraft where as a Bird-box is located up near ceiling. This current one is something we are doing right now for a Delta 767-300 and it goes behind passenger seats.

I am planning on doing a few items like this in LW to show how quick the company could do something like this to get a better visualization of the product and possibly even as a sales and marketing tool or for company brochures and whatever. LW can have so many uses at acompany like this (and many companies for that matter) and people do not realize it's potential and how many things it can be used for.

toby
10-02-2003, 01:51 AM
2 ways, put your logo object above the ground and make it unseen by camera but seen by rays, then raytrace - or use a reflection map with the logo on it, and set the grounds' surface to 'raytrace and shperical map'

btw, what company do you work for?

danilo
10-02-2003, 03:27 AM
Photoshop
d.