PDA

View Full Version : NewTek Users Party at NAB Revived!!!

silver fox
03-18-2011, 03:03 PM
:) Hi All, Great News!!!

Eric Pratt and I are reviving the NewTek Users Party for NAB 2011! Eric is replacing Ted Ruiz Sr. as Host and I will again be dealing with getting some great door prizes for those of you who can make it.

Adjust your calendar for Monday Night, April 11th 2011, 6pm-9pm

Check out all the particulars here: http://www.chromakey-forum.com/showthread.php?50-NewTek-User-Meetup-2011

If anyone would care to donate a little bit of cash to help Eric pay for the ballroom and refreshments, he has set up a couple links on his web page for that.

If anyone would like to donate any products (hardware, software, books, etc.) as door prizes, please contact me at:

[email protected] --or-- [email protected]

Any third-party developer may bring your wares to demo at the party. Please contact me to ensure we have enough tables set up for your use. At this point in time, I will only have my personal laptop there loaded up with SpeedEDIT 2 and Mirage Studio 1.5. For third-party developers who cannot bring their own equipment/hardware/software/flyers/brochures/etc., just send it ahead of time to me and I will display it as much as possible. Contact me for your particular circumstances.

Hope to see a lot of old friends there and am looking forward to meeting a bunch of new ones!

Cheers! :newtek: :tcicon: :vticon: :lwicon: :D

silver fox
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
:devil: Hey, Gals & Guys! Even though I am a Retired U.S. Air Force Security Police Captain, I've changed my ways a little and have rationalized that, for this event, I am willing to accept a bribe. To be ensured to win a door prize all you have to do is ship me a new or very slightly used TriCaster TCXD850; I will ensure that you get no less than one of the Footage Firm DVDs (I'll have to send it to you as the 21 listed as door prizes will have to be given away at the party. I would just have to buy one [the DVDs are free but are a whooping $8.41 each for the shipping & handling] and send it to you!!! Does that sound fair??? :thumbsup:

:help: Seriously though, we do need more cash donations to help Eric pay the party expenses. And we could use some more door prizes; the prizes don't have to be new, just something you're not using any more but still has life in it for someone else in the NewTek Community. Hardware, software, books, training videos, etc., as long as the winner, if necessary, will be able transfer registration to themself!

Here is the current list of cash and door prize donations:

:thumbsup: Donations:
Jose Burgos: $100 - BurgosFX.com
John Perkins: $50
Chip Cogswell: $20
Richard Bartlett: $20

:thumbsup: Prizes:
Eric Pratt: Virtualsetworks - www.Virtualsetworks.com
(1) 3 Volume Virtual Set Pack for Tricaster XD (Exchangable for format of choice)
(2) 1 Volume Virtual Set Pack for Tricaster XD (Exchangable for format of choice)
(1) Undisclosed Prize

Jeff Cupp: MetaSetz/Digital Arts - www.Metasetz.com
(1) Gift Certificate for Tally-Light Set (TLC - 8 or 6)
(1) DoubleSHOTZ Double Box LiveSets Package

Steve Roche: Digital Juice - www.DigitalJuice.com
(1) Camera Bag, Large
(1) Compositor's Toolkit 3
(1) Texture Toolkit 2
(1) Music Box 3

Dan Ablan - www.AGADigital.com
(1) Gift Certificate for an Autographed "Inside Lightwave 10" Due out end of April (will be mailed)

Ted Kazmierczak: www.Tally-Lights.com
(2) Tally Lights (for TriCaster Studio, Broadcast, TCXD850)

Abby Lynch: Footage Firm - www.Footagefirm.com
(21) DVDs of Looping Backgrounds

Mary Hoffman: Safe Harbor Computers - www.sharbor.com
(1) SpeedEDIT Software Package
(Several) Coffee Mugs with the "VT" and "Safe Harbor Computers" Logos

Wes Beckwith: KURV Studios - www.kurvstudios.com
(10) $100.00 Gift Certificates for their LW3D & other Training DVDs

More to come; I hope! :agree:

A great big THANK YOU goes out to Eric and all cash and door prize donors who are making this event possible!!!

silver fox
04-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Hi all! More great door prizes to add to our list:

Bill Panagouleas: DiscreetFX - www.discreetfx.com
(1) SportsFX*
(1) Military & AircraftFX*
(1) CarFX Metal & Chrome*
(1) DVE Directors Cut 2*
(* All For SD TriCasters, VT[5], & SpeedEDIT 2)

Darwin Porter: TriCasterGear - www.tricastergear.com
(1) TriCaster XL Case
(1) TriCaster Mini Case
(4) TriCaster Gear Grips

Kris Gurrad: Kris Gurrad Graphic Design - www.krisgurrad.com
(2) $250 Gift Certificates redeemable for the LiveText Sports ScoreBoard Plugin

Remember to check out details for the party on Eric Pratt's web page at:

http://www.chromakey-forum.com/showt...er-Meetup-2011

Also, if you can spare a few bucks to help cover the cost of the ballroom and munchies,
Eric has set up a couple ways to do that on the web page;
what ever is left over after all the donations are tallied will be coming out of Eric's own pockets!

See you at THE PARTY!!!