PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus, show us the nebs!

shrox
03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Prometheus teased us with great looking nebulas made from volumetric lights, might he reveal to us how it's done?

prometheus
03-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Prometheus teased us with great looking nebulas made from volumetric lights, might he reveal to us how it's done?

ohh yeah I got that mission in the back of the head of things to do every day, but work and other stuff in daily life getīs in the way unfortunatly, and playing with things I shouldnīt do...and by that I mean....ozone 5 and turbulence:)

Im having headaches this saturday, and tomorrow is visiting time to my old mother at an elderly care for demented( sheīs 80 now)
I also have some video editing to do for my job, just need to check some things there..

Cant say for sure when I can record it...but as mentioned Itīs still up there in the back of my head, and I probably try and get my voxel spin stuff with displaced geometry and hypervoxels too.

Thanks shrox for shouting in my ear anyway..I needed that.

Michael

zapper1998
04-03-2011, 08:59 PM
sounds cool

Padowan
04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Boy, can't wait for that one!

I have been clowning around with different approaches to Nebula, including the single null, with hypervoxel - or the volumetric light.

Here is an example of a simple nebula, with the vol light...

prometheus
05-04-2011, 09:42 AM
I think I have to postpone the video break down of the nebula until maybe 3-6 june..I will get a few day off at that time.

If I by any chance get some time over before that, you will know.

cheers.

Michael

SubDProxy
05-06-2011, 07:12 AM
This reminds me of creating nebulas in Maya by using spotlights to project images onto particles. I have tried in LightWave myself but have been unsuccessful. Good job Prometheus! I can't wait to see what you did.

Here is the original video tutorial from gnomon for Maya: Outer Space Environments (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/product/175/Maya-Dynamics%3A-Outer-Space-Environments)
Glen

prometheus
05-07-2011, 08:04 AM
Different techniques probably..some paint effects of clouds in there too I think in maya.

The main tools such as volumetric lights and hypervoxels arenīt that complex, you just need to spend time and learn how to tweak textures, light and density mostly within these tools.

In the end itīs mostly about having a good eye for creating variations,displacements and a good colorscheme.

If you guys have Lightwave 10, I would suggest opening the scene/environment/space/creepy nebula scene.

It consists of some sprite layers with a good colorscheme, distortions by the use of hypertexture effect displacement, and since you can use the VPR, you can get almost realtime feedback when you move your viewpoint of the camera or perspective views, so pull that one up and tweak some..add some lensflares or volumetric lights...sprite mode for volumetric lights are very fast to use..and especially when you use only a procedural texture.

All these combinations of volumetric sprite lights and hv sprites, some lensflares etc..that can give a very rich space environment.

See image attached of Lw 10 content...VPR previews within a couple of milliseconds in full view.

Michael

daforum
05-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow, that looks really cool!

Great work prometheus :thumbsup:

prometheus
05-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Wow, that looks really cool!

Great work prometheus :thumbsup:

The above image is from the lw 10 content, so Itīs not really mine, but they are very similiar to those that Ive done before with Hv sprites.
basic principles are the same.

Michael

OnlineRender
05-30-2011, 10:35 AM
...edit