PDA

View Full Version : JL Cooper Eclipse

OlaHaldor
03-18-2011, 03:02 AM
I've finally got this damn thing I've been waiting so long for. And I'm happy with the model I made. It's not far from the real deal. Fascinating and a good discovery on my end.

The model was done very early in january or so, and the panel just came yesterday. ;)

All I had was a reference photo of the top view and the measurements.

Snosrap
03-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Cool! What does it do?

OlaHaldor
03-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Makes life easier for anyone who's doing color correction or grading for film and video :)

I made a quick and dirty video. Even though I work professionally with post-production, I'm not good at the production side of things. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8cWSaLC5-w

Snosrap
03-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Looks expensive. Color grading? More info please. That seems like it would be really hard to do.

OlaHaldor
03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
This panel goes from the official website for $6000. Yes, color grading. Take a look on my website - www.colorist.no for a sneak peek into what it can do from original footage to "viewable for an audience".

It's basically what any film or TV series does these days to match shots done over days or weeks to look like it was done at the same time, and make the film look better, nicer, give it more of an edge etc.

BigHache
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
That looks really sweet! I'm not sure I'll get the opportunity to do any grading outside of Color any time soon, but it's better than nothing.