PDA

View Full Version : character dynamic parenting tutorial

lreyes
03-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Does any one know where I can get a good tutorial on utube or anywhere that shows dynamic parenting on an actual cartoon or character in stead of using nulls and objects like a balls and boxes? I am having problems with it on a animated character.

RebelHill
03-16-2011, 12:18 PM
This is shown in my 3 hour sample...

Vid 1 explains the constraints, and the second half of vid 6 explains dynamic parenting/space switching setup.

wesleycorgi
03-16-2011, 12:30 PM
I've been going through my the full-blown RH vids this week (I have a break in work where I can focus again on learning rigging) and I can't recommend these enough, as well as RHiggit Lite. RH Lite has already saved my bacon when I needed to quickly rig a stock mesh.

lreyes
03-16-2011, 01:59 PM
I clicked on one of your tutorials and only found rigging, but nothing on picking up a ball and throwing it for an example? I have no problem rigging characters, only when I use them in relations to throwing an object is the tutorial I would like ...thanks anyway guys

RebelHill
03-16-2011, 02:32 PM
that IS rigging...

Take video 6, where I setup a space switch sytem to dynamically parent the characters arm IK goals to the hand, chest, and hip... that's exactly the same thing, but instead of a goal to a head, you're doing a ball to a hand.