PDA

View Full Version : Kratos ( the comeback !! )

maxwaver
03-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Finally finished after i spent several months working on it ! hope you like :)

accom
03-16-2011, 05:12 AM
Excellent! I love the textures...

How much was this Photoshopped?

maxwaver
03-16-2011, 05:21 AM
You are asking which elements are pure 2d right ?

everything is 3d ( zbrush / lightwave including the whole model, hait and fur, enviroment ) the sky bkg is an image map retouched with some overpaint and the fires on his blades are painted :)

glad that you liked

VermilionCat
03-16-2011, 05:48 AM
He really is massive and menacing! Amazing in every way!

I am very curious how you work with Zbrush and Lightwave.

alesxander
03-16-2011, 08:49 AM
wow, very good work

i'm curious about how you work with zbrush and lightwave too

good luck

alesxander,
http://alesxander.com

MAUROCOR
03-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Very nice! I think you could improve the skin shader a little bit, but I liked. Congrats!:thumbsup:

maxwaver
03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks guys :)
My zbrush / lightwave workflow is very classical and hasn't any spacial thing,
i start to model my low rez models in lightwave then export every modeler layer into obj file, then import the first one as main and the others as subtools ( you can also automate importation with subtool master ) then sculpting, polypainting, uving with uv master, export back every subtolls to obj with their own normal / cavity / displacement map ( the ideal way is to export all obj and rearange their uv maps in the same uv space then reimport them one by one to zbrush for maps generation, like this way you will not end up with a huge numbers of maps for every subtools especially that 50 percent will be 16 bit, it will kill your ram and make layout incerdibly slow in loading scene and managing them ).
iam still wondering why ther's no goz for lightwave , i made a try with goz max and was amazed how its comfortable and easy to get your models from zbrush to max with everything exported / mapped . i was waiting from something fresh and usueful in lw10 for zbrush like newtek promised instead of this enhanced obj import option !
MAUROCOR - the most longest part i spent on this work was the shading / lighting, like you may know the kratos skin is covered with ashes , this what he give you that grey zombie skin, look at the atached image from wip stage you will notice that the sss is more visible with a really color skin and i think its a matter of perception .

VermilionCat
03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Thank you for explanation. It's an interesting read indeed. 28.3 mil poly is incredible! I really admire your talent and patience. Import and export procedure sounds a bit tedious. But for LW it's the only way then.

Also, could you show the low rez base mesh if possible? I'm kinda confused about when to export to Zbursh. How 'low' is it?

oliversimonnet
03-17-2011, 05:37 PM
beautiful work there, he looks fantastic :)

maxwaver
03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
VermilionCat -will post wires soon
Oliversomner - thanks.
here another render with diffrent bkg and mood with more focus on the character.

oliversimonnet
03-18-2011, 06:38 PM
love the new render, the fire on the blades looks alot better :)

Danner
03-18-2011, 06:49 PM
the whole image is much nicer, it gets the emotion to the viewer much better, you improved the lighting and the mood in general. I like those fiery eyes, the first one looked kind of sad, this one looks angry, demonic and ready to kick some arse!

Riza
03-20-2011, 02:56 AM
the new image is nice!