PDA

View Full Version : Bkg to Morph scrambles geometry?

Algae998
03-16-2011, 12:55 AM
I use Bkg to Morph all the time since I like to sculpt my morphs in zbrush. Ive never had any issues with it before and this is the first time I cant get it to work. Ive exported my model as an obj, sculpted a couple morphs in zbrush, opened them in lightwave, placed them in the background and hit Bkg to Morph. Every time I do this, it completely scrambles the geometry. Ive even tested copying the model into a new object in lightwave, creating a change and running the plugin again and get the same results. The morphs Im creating are just simple smile, blink, frown, etc so the mesh isnt being stretched very far.
Has anyone run into this or know of a work around?

probiner
03-16-2011, 01:30 AM
If things have same UV, Lee and Johan have a gift for you:
http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=f315f69a

Algae998
03-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Thank you for the link and quick response, I'm anxious to try it out. Luckily the model does have UVs. I suppose its possible its a buggy model or something, I've never ran into a problem like this with any other UV'ed model.
Ill post my results.

Algae998
03-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Finally got it working! Took a few tries to get it to work but once I put my morphed model into the background layer of the original model, it worked great. It takes a bit more time to calculate on denser meshes, but thats better than redoing them :D Big help, thanks.