PDA

View Full Version : Rotating camera sources within virtual inputs

selectorxl
03-15-2011, 11:20 PM
I've seen NewTek demos with EX1's turned in a vertical orientation to maximize the resolution of the talent on virtual sets. The problem is I don't see where the rotate function is hidden on a TCXD300. Logically, I thought it would be with the size and position controls on each virtual input. Perhaps I'm running an outdated version? I've heard there are problems with the latest 2E firmware so I've been hesitant to update.

Presently I have my EX's hooked to a Manfrotto 143BKT camera platform (screwed into a tripod mounting plate) to achieve the 90 degree mount ---not the most robust solution. Could anyone recommend something better under $75?

joseburgos
03-16-2011, 04:26 AM
I don't have the latest XD300 software installed yet so that said, only the XD850 has the rotate feature.

Koinonia
03-16-2011, 05:43 AM
This is one of the features I would like to see in the next update for TCXD300. Today, only TCXD850 has the rotation button.

I am using version 2c and the version 2d is maintenance update.

Daniel Choi
www.estudioonline.com.br
www.koinoniaonline.net

Zane Condren
03-16-2011, 10:27 AM
This effect is not accomplished with the rotate function on the input. We use a specially designed LiveSet that does the rotation. This LiveSet ships with TriCaster Virtual Set Editor.

selectorxl
03-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks Zane, that is some righteous info indeed & something I should've been paying attention to at NAB last year. Can't wait to see what NewTek has in store for this year's show!