PDA

View Full Version : Saving transformed Layout models to modeler

DoGMaN X
03-14-2011, 04:51 AM
How do you do this?

At the moment I can just use 'Save Trans Object' but it only saves one object layer, even though it is from the same object file. I have all objects highlighted too, and also tried with no objects selected.

If there a way I can save all of the models that have been updated in layout as an object?

meshpig
03-14-2011, 06:50 AM
Yeah, each layer is saved as a new .lwo just in case you don't want to save scene and in some cases auto save out irreversibly in modeler. Otherwise use "save all objects":)

daforum
03-14-2011, 08:42 AM
There's Dodgy's Save Transformed script(s): http://www.mikegreen.name/

Might do the trick....

DoGMaN X
03-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah, each layer is saved as a new .lwo just in case you don't want to save scene and in some cases auto save out irreversibly in modeler. Otherwise use "save all objects":)

Hi meshpig,

I dont want to have to select each object and use Save Trans Object, because this seems to save only the last selected object as a .lwo. This is correct, but I want to save all of my objects present in layout as their transformed state, not have to go through each one and save a .lwo.

If I use save all objects, am I not right in thinking this is just the same as going into modeler and saving all objects? It will just save their original geometry, not what is present on layout.

Apologies if I have misunderstood :)

There's Dodgy's Save Transformed script(s): http://www.mikegreen.name/

Might do the trick....

I will have a look there, but I work on a university PC and the tutors in all their wisdom have the PC's locked down so that plugins and other stuff can't be installed. To make it worse they only have the 64bit LW so I can't use 32 bit shipped plugins.. sigh.

jeric_synergy
03-14-2011, 12:43 PM
To make it worse they only have the 64bit LW so I can't use 32 bit shipped plugins.. sigh.
Scripts aren't technically plugins, and should work on both 32 and 64 bit installations.

Note the weaselly "should" above.

xchrisx
03-14-2011, 04:49 PM
should work on both 32 and 64 bit installations.

that is assuming they arent compiled lscripts (.lsc extension). The uncompiled lscript (.ls) on the other hand should work across all platforms.

evenflcw
03-14-2011, 05:05 PM
There might be some issues on mac, mostly concerning filepaths and such I think. But other than that the same lscript file (compiled or not) will work on all platforms. Win32 or Win64 is all the same to my experience.

jeric_synergy
03-14-2011, 05:56 PM
are "lsc"s actually compiled to (?) virtual machine code, or are they just a form of compressed LScript?

meshpig
03-15-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi meshpig,

... I not right in thinking this is just the same as going into modeler and saving all objects? It will just save their original geometry, not what is present on layout.

Apologies if I have misunderstood :)

Yes that's right... Mike Green's "save transformed" script works fine here on mac 64/LW 10. You just run it from the Lscript tab.

DoGMaN X
03-15-2011, 06:06 AM
Thanks, I will give those scripts a go.

For what its worth I'm using Windows 7 64, LW 9.6, I'll see how they work on there.

daforum
03-28-2011, 01:34 PM
Did the scripts work for you?
If yes, How did you end up using them?

DoGMaN X
03-28-2011, 03:59 PM
I did not end up using the scripts I just used a workaround and did not bother saving the transformed objects.

Apologies but I can't remember exactly the workaround was it was likely I never bothered to save the transformed object!