PDA

View Full Version : My Portfolio site is finally online

ArtGoblin
03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
http://artgoblin.weebly.com/

I tried to go for a "simpler is better" aproach on my old blog and ended up with having to dabble in some HTML wich I know absolutely nothing about but thank the gods for the internetz.

Hope you like it as much as I do :)

lertola2
03-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Very nice.

ArtGoblin
03-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Thanks ! I think it might actually have landed me the perfect job allready... well, I'll find out in a couple weeks

KSSO
03-18-2011, 03:04 PM
It would be cool to see how you made that Casio synth. Very nice work!

ArtGoblin
03-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Well... I managed to dig up the old thread from on the newtek forums: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66142

But they don't really show much how it was modeled. I unfortunantly have lost all my lwo's from that time. But from what I remember, it wasn't subpatch modeling for most of it, it started out as a box the tried to form the main areas with only using bandsaw and bevel operation's, but in the end as I was trying to get more detail into the mesh, I ended up using bolean's and rounder and all sorts of things... the final model was a bit messy and not without it's errors when completed.

Hope this description helps a little :)

PS. I'd really like to make another synth soon. Will be fun to see how much my modeling techniques have changed since way back then

daforum
03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
http://artgoblin.weebly.com/

I tried to go for a "simpler is better" aproach on my old blog and ended up with having to dabble in some HTML wich I know absolutely nothing about but thank the gods for the internetz.

Hope you like it as much as I do :)

Looks really good :thumbsup:

I like the wireframe -to- colour effect when hovering over the image(s), works well.

Keep up the good work :)

Lewis
03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Very nice portfolio/web, i like that Drop ship animation (would be even nicer with some sound effects ;)) and that Rum bottle turned out excellent :).

I'm just not sure about site name "Brewery" since I don't see any Beer in portfolio so you must be drink it all in process :D.

ArtGoblin
03-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Thank you guys... It makes me really glad to hear all this positive feedback :)

I like the wireframe -to- colour effect when hovering over the image(s), works well.

Yeah I'm really happy with it... took an evening of googling searchstrings like "HTML how to do hovering image fade" hehe... I don't know anything about HTML coding but some logic, patience and my good friend google, I managed to do most of the things I wanted for the site. And that without having to get a pro weebly account. You got to love the internet.
Actually the order of it originally was going from "color" to "wireframe/desaturated" but switching it made it more interesting to see what was underneath and also gave the whole site a more peacefull look and as well made it more easy on the eyes.

Very nice portfolio/web, i like that Drop ship animation (would be even nicer with some sound effects ) and that Rum bottle turned out excellent .

The Drop ship animation started out as a study on frontprojection and matte painting... then it kind of just evolved. I had a friend of mine lined up to do some character animation (troops jumping out of this ship when the hangar opens) but that kind of never happened so the project came to an end. Which is a real shame since another friend of mine was going to do the audio FX when it was all finished :/

I'm just not sure about site name "Brewery" since I don't see any Beer in portfolio so you must be drink it all in process .

Hehe I think you're right on the money there :D I think if I remember correctly I was thinking about all my consumtion of both beer and brewed coffee and how things are "made" in a brewery when I came up with the name... but that was way back when the site was a school related blog. Then when I opened it up and decided it was time to change it into a cool portfolio I don't know... I think I just liked how the the letters came out with the font I had chosen