PDA

View Full Version : Organizing VSE generated Live Sets In TC Angle Bin

jeakes
03-13-2011, 10:48 AM
I am just getting started on the VSE for a TCXD300. It creates lives sets just fine, but every live set is named "Shot" and I am unable to regroup Left, Center, Right into a single Angle bin. When I try renaming the "Shot" files "Left" (in Explorer, as there is no naming or file organizing possibilities that I can find within VSE) it shows up but doesn't function. Does this mean that sets created by the VSE cannot use the angle bin? and although my sets will be in named folders, they will all be called "shot"? Or is there some way to change that "shot" title so I can put several into the same folder, hence the same Angle bin?

CraigInDallas
04-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I am just getting started on the VSE for a TCXD300. It creates lives sets just fine, but every live set is named "Shot" and I am unable to regroup Left, Center, Right into a single Angle bin. When I try renaming the "Shot" files "Left" (in Explorer, as there is no naming or file organizing possibilities that I can find within VSE) it shows up but doesn't function. Does this mean that sets created by the VSE cannot use the angle bin? and although my sets will be in named folders, they will all be called "shot"? Or is there some way to change that "shot" title so I can put several into the same folder, hence the same Angle bin?

So far no way to do this within the VSE. There are way, but it takes really digging deep into the xml. When I met with the engineering team at Newtek 2 weeks ago, we discussed this issue, so they are aware.

joseburgos
04-07-2011, 12:38 PM
**Well actually it is not a lot but you do this at your own risk***
There are two files, shot.liveset and shot.png as well as a shot folder with two files in the folder, uv.dds & ycbcra.dds.
I would copy the folder and the two files and paste them into a new folder in the LiveSets folder (the one up from the user folder your sets lay). So for example call it My News Set. Now paste the files into this new folder. By doing this you keep the original files intact.
So Now let us assume the first one you made is the Center shot. What you need to do is rename the folder Shot folder to Center and also rename the Shot.png to Center.png and finally rename the shot.liveset to Center.liveset. That was the easy part but we need to do one last thing for it to work. Right click on the Center.liveset file and choose open. Then choose Selected a Program and then uncheck the Always use box and then use notepad to open the file. In the edit menu, choose find and type shot. When you hit ok to find, you will see it is in two places near the bottom of the XML script. Both entries refer to the files that lay inside the Center folder which you will clearly see when you use find. It will say Shot\uv.dds for one and Shot\ycbcra.dds for the other. The LiveSet needs these files to work so all you need to do is change shot to Center in both entries. Now in the file menu, save and exit.
Now open TriCaster and in Live, you will see in the list of LiveSets, My News Set and when you select it, you will see a single shot called center. Open Center and it should work perfectly.
Now go back and repeat the process for the other angles.

Take care,

CraigInDallas
04-28-2011, 07:38 AM
Jose is right (almost)...

You can combine the shots etc once is has been "exported to LIVE". So once you have followed his instructions, the angles will be combined for use only in LIVE PRODUCTION, not in VSE

After talking with the VSE engineering team this is something that is being considered for a future release.

After about 2 solid weeks of coding my in house developers have created a little tool that will both combine camera angles, as well as give us the ability to rename layers within an angle. We created this for in house use, but if you need a copy, just email me. craigt [ at ] gwhqproductions.com

SBowie
04-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Nice. :)

joseburgos
04-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Very cool Craig :)