PDA

View Full Version : Noob help Rubik's Cube

Teig
02-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Im looking for the easiest (best0 eay to animate a rubik's cube. I have it modeled in seperate cubes, on seperate layers. The main part im having trouble with is the corner pieces. My goal is to animate it being solved. i expect it to be about 35-40 seperate moves.

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

Ernest
02-28-2003, 08:27 PM
sigh, this would be so easy if we could animate the pivot point.
I guess you can place a null in the center of each of the 6 faces and use expressions to make the minicubes move around them at a constant distance and with a constant face targetted at it. But it gets so complicated to make the expression jump from one null to the other that I'd probably prefer to just do it by hand.

Skonk
03-01-2003, 12:38 PM
The only way i can think of to do this would be to use dynamic parenting and a nul, parent the cubes that need to move to the null, rotate the null then re-parent the next lot of cubes to the null and rotate etc.. etc.., iv never done any dynamic parenting but it is posible isn't it ?

James..

hrgiger
03-02-2003, 10:12 AM
You can do dynamic parenting with the motion modifier 'parenter' in 7.5 but that seems like that would be a lot of work!

Wow, I"ll have to think about that today. That does seem like it would be fairly hard to animate.

Max Wolf
03-03-2003, 08:37 AM
same hereit is alot of time but that is the only way i can see it be done with out messing up the box..

Epita
03-03-2003, 02:03 PM
you could make a load of different boxes, so that you can use them to go in different directions too!

Epita