PDA

View Full Version : Installation of VT3

RayLarson
10-01-2003, 02:22 PM
Well, I have finally cleared all the projects of the T2 and now am ready to load my T3 upgrade. Does anyone have some detailed instructions to make this painless?? I would hope to do it only once. I did want to keep T2 and T3 on the box but I was not able to comprehend the instructions from the Dr Cross post. Now I can't find it...oh well.

Just a straightforward installation protocol would be great.

Thanks

Scott Bates
10-01-2003, 06:29 PM
Don't know how straight forward you'll consider this, but see
this thread (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11282)

Norman
10-02-2003, 06:32 AM
Here is Dr. Cross' instructions to have both VT2 & VT3 on the same computer.

Jim_C
10-02-2003, 08:20 AM
I guess I am one of the lucky ones, but I haven't had a bit of trouble with T2 uninstalls/T3 reinstalls starting back with the Beta version.
Uninstall T2, defrag install T3 has worked every time.
I did have to do some manual removal once during a T2 upgrade some time back, but not a lick of trouble since T3.

Maybe you'll get lucky too. I say try normal procedures first before mucking around the registry and what not.

Good Luck

Jim

wvp
10-02-2003, 12:01 PM
I agree some instructions describing the preferred way to install/ uninstall etc would be good. It would help cut down on issues users have.
I think it is important to make this info available before the install starts, especially important is to notify the user what issues they can expect (i.e. the changes to projects from VT2-3) as well as how to transfer/save settings, reminders not to have project files in the folder, etc.