PDA

View Full Version : How can we users help Newtek improve the help system?

prometheus
03-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Lightwave 10 is out and some of you probably miss a lot of things in the lightwave 10 help system, old things like hard fx stabilizer not documented and other buttons lacking information.

Global illumination tab still missing a lot of features from 9.6..so thereīs somethings from even 9.6 thatīs not there.

I donīt know if someone at newtek is assigned or working with updates to that right know, but anyway..what would be a good way for us to assist Newtek with the task to update the help system to be as good as possible?

Michael

lardbros
03-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Not sure we could help massively... but I wouldn't mind going through the old screenshots and taking some screengrabs of the latest interface. The docs are a complete mess as they are... it's a shame. It would only take a day at most to grab all of the images from the new interface... but maybe they can't be bothered?

I tell you what... i've got 100's of videos from William Vaughan and others from years back, and they could easily be planted into the help system somehow. Trouble is they are all in differing formats and would need some decent compression, but it NEEDS to be done! The manuals need a complete refresh... the page layouts are okay, but if you look at the .PDF's it's plastered with awkwardly placed LW logos and odd sized text. All it needs is some care and attention, I'd be more than happy to do it for Newtek if they haven't got anyone else to!

prometheus
03-10-2011, 06:39 AM
links to help videos sounds nice, but might be a practical difficult to work smoothly.

as for massive user help and suggestions, thereīs the forum threads..

Documentation workshop..
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=303

And the lw Documentation discussions
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=182

They should put these up higher in the list at the main forum page thou, especially the documentation workshop lightwave all applications, right now Itīs at the bottom of the whole page after vue and fusion discussions...weird.

Michael