View Full Version : Architectural video by Tronic

bazsa73
03-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Interesting stuff>
http://vimeo.com/12089546

prometheus
03-09-2011, 10:53 AM
nice..

some vue cloud background at the end, must be ..a very typicly cloud edges detail from vue.

Michael

bazsa73
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Would be great in LW if different volumetric procedurals could be mixed when using hypervoxels. Now you can use only one. Also extended into world coordinates the monotony could be broken up.

prometheus
03-10-2011, 12:54 AM
Would be great in LW if different volumetric procedurals could be mixed when using hypervoxels. Now you can use only one. Also extended into world coordinates the monotony could be broken up.

OOps..this discussion should perhaps be on another thread on lightwave requests, but yeah Hypervoxels having an option to mix/blend between two or more hypertextures would be nice, and I thought of that too, but I would rather see the option to blend hypertexture effect with each other so you can have velocity speed and turbulence, billowing and dissolve effect happening in the same speed effect.

The first simple thing I would like to see thou, would be a gradient load/save option for every gradient channel wich I believe canīt be that hard to work out, would be nice to just swap color schemes or just easy loading of a good particle age gradient etc.

The next feature for hypervoxels would be distance between particle age parameters where ever possible, a must for dissolving puffs where particles stray away.

A metaball blend option for volume mode as it is in surface mode and as it were for the dynamite plugins.

a true fire shader would be nice also.

Finally a volumetric voxel shader that can be applied to full geometry not vertices only, something like vues volumetric textures/metaclous or implicit volume surfaces in houdini.

Thatīs it...for now:)

Edit...I forgot, particles and voxels often work together, and as such the whole particle system needs overhaul in terms of amount of particles being handled (1 million limit today)and rendered and perhaps
getting a subframe calculation, that would probably help getting smooth particle streak flows when small trails are following something and not having a velocity stretching since the
parent motion isnīt there, so it would need a subframe calculation to fill in the gaps I suspect.

Michael
http://vimeo.com/user680656/videos

bazsa73
03-10-2011, 02:27 AM
Workaround for that gradient save/load is to go into node editing mode on the surface editor, making a layered shader or whatever where you can copy layers and just copy it there. Then export nodes. Not that elegant but I used it a few times :)

prometheus
03-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Workaround for that gradient save/load is to go into node editing mode on the surface editor, making a layered shader or whatever where you can copy layers and just copy it there. Then export nodes. Not that elegant but I used it a few times :)

I refuse to touch that workflow, You donīt want to give Newtek incitaments that you can do it a workaround way:)

better if they just put load and save gradient presets in the next builds wouldnīt you agree:)

Michael