PDA

View Full Version : Gah! Vanishing backdrop image in Layout...

alexos
03-09-2011, 01:21 AM
To put it short: load backdrop, display->camera view BG->BG image, fiddle fiddle fiddle, switch to Modeler, fiddle, switch back - no more backdrop.

Everything is as it should in the various options but it just doesn't show - it does show a weird colour that seems to be the average of the entire image but apart from that, nothing. So: save everything, quit, exit Hub, restart Layout, load scene - the backdrop appears for a millisecond and then vanishes again.

The image itself isn't particularly bizarre - a 2MP .jpg - and according to Layout stats the entire scene eats up a mere 200 megs of RAM. Render is fine, but I need to do some photo-matching here, so what the ding dong?

LW10 64, Windows7 Pro, dual Xeon, Quadro 3700. And, help!

ADP.

Dexter2999
03-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Not sure what the problem is but maybe try mapping the image to a plane?

nickdigital
03-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Try toggling between the different OpenGL settings in the Display Options.

But what Dexter is proposing is better. Just map the image to a poly based on Front Projection. This way you can always have the image in your scene without losing it if you disable it in the Background Image.

Fadlabi
03-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Try: view>viewports>Toggle Backdrop
it may help

alexos
03-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Yeah, forcing a refresh either by switching to a different texture mode or using toggle kind of works... except not for long. The backdrop has a tendency to just disappear while I'm moving the camera around which, in turn, has forced my innocent colleagues to learn a whole lot of new and interesting swear words. I really didn't want to map it to a polygon - I mean, if there's a "show background image" why the heck shouldn't I be able to use it - but I guess I have no choice now. Bloody hell.

ADP.

jeric_synergy
03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Please report this behavior as a bug.