PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas/Help for a Sports background

brwainer
03-07-2011, 04:46 AM
I need to design a LiveSet for a sports segment of our school news. While the Stadium LiveSet is nice, we are still broadcasting SD so the talent is too small. The max opening in that set just won't do. For similar reasons, the other sports-oriented sets aren't working the way we'd like. That being said, we don't know what we want. Do you have any ideas/suggestions on a sports set? The segment is mainly about recent games our teams competed in and what teams are traveling where in the next week.

joseburgos
03-14-2011, 07:33 AM
Eric Pratt's virtualset.com has some pre-done sets you can look at as well as Tim H. of virtualsets.com.
If you want a custom LiveSet, you can contact me as well :)
The other thing you may want to look into is the new Virtual Set Editor from NewTek. It may meet your current needs and worth a look.

Take care,

brwainer
03-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the help. I already have the TCXD Liveset SDK and it is working beautifully for the few Livesets I've made so far. I was mainly asking for inspiration and ideas. I looked through Liveset.com and the portfolio of livesets.com, and I have a few ideas to work from now (unfortunately we have no budget, and no ability to ask for funding. The TCXD 300 was a gift of the wonky bureaucratic process (unasked-for and unexpected, but greatly appreciated), but I would love to be able to purchase a custom Liveset or two) Thanks again for the help.

jmmultex
03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
You could do a cowboy shot near a monitor for the closeup work showing scores, highlights, etc, but have some depth behind it for the wide shot. Perhaps something with oversized 'cards' of the players, or sports events in the school's history that are positioned back into the distance. It could also give you nice cutaways - framed shots of specific 'cards' on the set that could have a slow zoom in or out - to voice over or put statistics against.

These are probably crazy ideas, but I figured it might inspire something more practical on your end...

Best,
-john

brwainer
03-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the input. We decided to recreate the stadium liveset using our football field. Some of your ideas might still make it in though.