PDA

View Full Version : Sorenson Squeeze

GeekNews
03-06-2011, 07:50 PM
All

Over the past week, I have been working on improving our workflow with the 850. I have found a pretty good solution for those of you that have been struggling with getting good media files in m4v/mp4/webm format.

This still is not perfect solution but is saving me huge amount of time.

I record my session, drop out of live and load speed edit, do my cropping, audio, video syncing etc and then encode my media file in .avi format at the resolution I want to produce for the web in.

I have the master encode get dropped into a folder on the network that is being watched by sorenson squeeze version 7. As soon as the file hits, Sorenson starts encoding it into the .m4v and .webm formats I need for web publishing. As soon as it is done the software automatically uploads it to my cdn via ftp and sends me an email and sms when its finished.

I then publish the media. The automation of Sorenson Squeeze was worth the $800.00 price tag and I get all the media formats I need. Saves me at least 3-4 hours a week of monkeying around with the files..

The only thing that would be more perfect is if the 850 master file did not need any editing but with the audio sync being off about 3 tenths of a second that speed edit, editing cannot be avoided..

I will likely now buy a second copy of speededit as I can stay live and just copy the monster file out of the tricaster..

Todd..

Zane Condren
03-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Please report the sync issue as a bug at https://secure.newtek.com/fogbugz/default.asp.

Jim_C
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
have you tried using a wrapped avi file of your SE edit in Sorenson? it would save all that render time to get to the master encode. Just set your SEproject to the desired output settings and when finished >File save avi.

Are you sure you are not creating the audio unsync during recording? Are you passing your audio through any digital devices before it hits the 850? If not maybe investing in a delay unit and delaying the audio that amount would be worth the investment to be able to avoid that step.

GeekNews
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Everyone is aware of the video/audio sync issue. You can run direct connections to the 850 audio and video and you still have edit the audio to make sure the lips and the voice is in sync.

I have to move the audio ahead in the timeline a minimum of 3 frames when you have speededit zoomed all the way in.

It was the same with the studio..

Almost no one feeds audio directly to the tricaster, mine goes through a mixer first which feeds a single audio input on the 850.

Todd..

csandy
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I don't think I can agree that what you are experiencing is normal, Todd. You should probably heed Zane's advice.

Beyond in-room IMAG delay issues, you shouldn't have a nearly 10 frame audio delay on tape. If you're getting that, something is wrong.

Jim_C
03-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Everyone is aware of the video/audio sync issue. You can run direct connections to the 850 audio and video and you still have edit the audio to make sure the lips and the voice is in sync.

I have to move the audio ahead in the timeline a minimum of 3 frames when you have speededit zoomed all the way in.

It was the same with the studio..

Almost no one feeds audio directly to the tricaster, mine goes through a mixer first which feeds a single audio input on the 850.

Todd..

that bites...

but on the other topic, try the wrapped avi in sorenson instead of rendering a whole new file, it may knock many minutes maybe hours off your process

wftiv
03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Out of the box, I recorded a four camera HD production on location, edited it in SpeedEDIT, rendered in the SpeedHQ codec and used Sorenson 6.5 to make web files. Never saw a lip sync issue. Three frames might be hard to see anyhow, but 10 frames that would be quite visible. We got our audio on the project I referenced from the house mixer who was picking up the conference audio from the digital audio system with individual microphones for each participant. Still did not see any lip sync issues. Might be s bug issues with your system or how you picked up your audio. I think the only way to see a sync problem would be to use a visual clack slate. Certainly not at all practical in our situation.

pdxJoe
04-19-2011, 02:47 PM
have you tried using a wrapped avi file of your SE edit in Sorenson? it would save all that render time to get to the master encode. Just set your SEproject to the desired output settings and when finished >File save avi.

I would be really excited to make this work. I'm using the built in version of SE on a XD300. When I go into File --> Save, the only option is to save as a *.vtp project.

Any advice? I'm a few revisions back on the TC Rev2 updates.

Thanks,

Joe