PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels and explosions... ?

Dreamcube017
03-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi guys. I've seen lots of test videos on youtube about hypervoxels and explosions and particles and stuff.

But the problem is I've looked through the tutorial videos and they dont' really explain exactly all about the Hypervoxels or the particles.

Is there a tutorial explaining the hypervoxel and particles tools.

Also is there one for making an explosion?

Thanks.

3DGFXStudios
03-06-2011, 08:11 AM
I would do it with this plugin http://www.jawset.com/ hypervoxels aren't really easy to control and render extremely slow.

nickdigital
03-06-2011, 09:03 AM
Try this link. There are several tutorials that will point you in the right direction.

[edit]
Oops. Too early in the morning.
http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/effects.htm

stevecullum
03-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Try this link. There are several tutorials that will point you in the right direction.

Which link? ;)

Markc
03-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Kurv did a series specifically on this subject, with Sean Jackson recently, which are very good.

Eagle66
03-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I hypervoxels aren't really easy to control and render extremely slow.

HV are very fast if you know how to use it right :D There is a very good tutorial at kurv named "Explosions, Particles, Smoke and Fire". 100% native in LW, Dynamics and HV .

Full Frame HD render in 21 min at single QuadCore.

Dreamcube017
03-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys... I think I'll go with the tutorials.

That plugin's just a BIT (e.g. A LOT) out of my reach.

Thanks for your help. This kurv tutorial looks like it'll be some great help.

Dreamcube017
03-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Again, tahnks.

3DGFXStudios
03-06-2011, 01:22 PM
HV are very fast if you know how to use it right :D There is a very good tutorial at kurv named "Explosions, Particles, Smoke and Fire". 100% native in LW, Dynamics and HV .

Full Frame HD render in 21 min at single QuadCore.

They won't look as good as a simulator plugin like turbulence. You can get close to something that looks like an explosion like the image you posted. Looks pretty cool but realistic is some thing else. And the motion you get with particles in lw is also not the most easy way.

I think the turbulence plugin is a lot easier to work with than a separate dynamic particle system and hypervoxels.

Dreamcube017
03-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Good point 3DGFX. The problem though is that I'm doing this for a comercial purpose and while I'll test the turbulance plugin, I can't afford to purchase that right now. So I'll have to go voxel route for the time bing.

However, since they have a free edu version, I've DL'ed it and am going to give it a run..

Who knows, maybe oneday I'll get it if it's that good.