PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the Immortal Engine.

Vincenzo
03-06-2011, 12:55 AM
Hello;

Check out my website: http://www.pixellightstudios.com.

I am developing a RTS game and use LW as primary modeler.

Thanks, Vincent

OnlineRender
03-06-2011, 01:57 AM
wow........

ta0soft
03-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Very nice game engine! I'm writing an fps engine myself but its nowhere near finished. What type of RTS are you making?

Vincenzo
03-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback. I am making a game called Sephora. It is a sci fi story driven RTS (like starcraft 1, but I think better). Got to talk to the big boys at GDC. They had positive comments also, but want to see a playable demo before committing any funds. So thats what I am gonna do, build a playable demo. Then perhaps I can hire some LW artists.

I am very glad I am not developing a FPS, because they require camera closeups, which means the demands on models, textures, and animations is much more. I think one would need partners to develop a FPS.

Vincenzo

VonBon
03-06-2011, 08:03 PM
you got a list of assets you need?

Vincenzo
03-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Hello Vonbon;

I got a general story and basic racial descriptions. I am working on a design doc, which will describe each race (faction) in detail, such as unit types, building types, UI, and weapons. I need to build a playable demo, which will demostrate the gameplay. The demo will be one encounter and last about 15-30 min (if player doesnt die). I am also in the process of planning out the demo and figuring out what units and buildings it will need.

At this point I would certainly like to have help in content creation, but cannot pay for it until I get funding. Once I get funding I will need lots of assets and atleast two trailers.

Thanks, Vincenzo

VonBon
03-07-2011, 08:11 AM
:D is this futuristic, medieval, or just anything will do at this point
to get the demo done?

Vincenzo
03-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Vonbon;

Its a sci-fi survival RTS game. I can give you the background if you wish.

Vincenzo

VonBon
03-10-2011, 10:42 AM
sure man, send to [email protected]

List an asset set that you need currently.
(power stations - ammo station - comms station)

can then start sending you some place holder stuff
to get the demo done.

VonBon
03-10-2011, 11:13 AM
i would post the list here incase somone gets bored and wants to make
something for the demo.

Vincenzo
03-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Hello Vonbon;

I am still scoping the Sephora Demo out. I will need some time to get the design doc done. The assets of each race must all have a consistent look and I have yet to determine each races look. I am just not ready for artists yet and dont want to keep them hanging.

I will post here again when I am more ready.

Thanks, Vincent