PDA

View Full Version : UV map doubling up

macahuna
03-05-2011, 03:31 PM
I have a bike seat modeled that's subpatched. Whenever I try to create a UV map I end up with a pattern of points on the map, and a side/front view of the seat superimposed just beneath it.

Have I turned something on that should be off?

Also, the seat fabric has a pattern of holes in curvy lines. When I was getting a correct UV map, the holes get really distorted. Is there a type of mapping that won't require me to adjust the 500 to 600 holes individually? I thought of using Boolean, but with all the different angles, I'm a little daunted by it. I'd basically have to create a pincushion!

I also tried rail extruding a box the thickness of the fabric, with the right number of segments (for a single row of holes). Then I used Multishift , subpatched, and Connected the resulting "holes." That seems to work, but I'm still stuck with hundreds of holes that would be so easy to produce in Illustrator.

Any better ideas? I'm racking my brain here.

Thanks,

Ron

probiner
03-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Images always help =)

macahuna
03-05-2011, 04:24 PM
Duh. Thanks for the tip... here's what I'm talking about with the hole thing.

probiner
03-05-2011, 05:08 PM
For the UV
What Subdivision method are you using and is the UV with any interpolation. Catmull doesn't support other than Linear. So if you have both either change SubdS method or UV interpolation.

For the Modeling
i don't understand your problem, especially with the Illustrator and UV reference. I could say a lot of stuff but missing your point and bring confusion to the subject.

I'm sure more enlightened ppl will stop buy and help a glass holding coffee mugg =)

Cheers