PDA

View Full Version : Reversing keyframe order?

EmperorPete
03-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm working on an animation with a character transforming from a robot to a vehicle. I've got everything working just the way I want ot, but it's a lot of animation to do the transformation. The overall aim is to drop this animation scene into other scenes (using Load From Scene).
I could use Cyclist to drive the animation, but Cyclist overrides any other animation for the objects, and I need a pose for the robot mode before and after transformation (with Cyclist, I could oly have one pose as opposed to 2).
So; rather than having to repeat setting up the entire animation the other way round, is there any way of reversing the order of the keyframes in my scene? I'm not talking about rendering the frames in reverse order, I mean the actual animation in Layout.

nickdigital
03-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I think if you scale your keyframes in time by -100% that should do it.

OnlineRender
03-05-2011, 04:11 PM
no idea how you do it in LW , generally done in composite package , but that's not what you mean ?

nickdigital
03-05-2011, 06:47 PM
The way I did this at the studio was I had all the transformation animation tied to cyclist so I could drive the transformation via a null. Each part that had transformation animation on it had a parent null on top of it so I could animate on top of the transformation sequence. As long as the animator reset back to the base pose for the transformation sequence the transformation animation would play through properly.

If you click on the link my signature to our reel and go to about a 1/3 of the way in, there's an animation of a robot crouching. He gets up and goes through a transformation sequence to turn into a vehicle. With that rig the robot can be animated as a normal character in addition to transforming in and out of being a vehicle.