PDA

View Full Version : STAR TREK Invasion teaser

Escelce
03-03-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone. Following a horrible project at work I decided to take some time off and just focus on something purely fun. I have a lot of ST models on the old harddrive and enjoyed making the Tribes animation so I thought I'd give this a go. It's kind of how I imagined a Clone Wars like series for ST being:-) But they'd do it better obviously.

Anyway I hope you enjoy it. The credits I've added at the end are based on info I have so if it's wrong please let me know. Take care and thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otd-W5omwT0

-Steve

Svenart
03-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Great animation, was big fun to watch it :)

Shabazzy
03-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Beee-you-tee-full!

bazsa73
03-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Hey this is cool geek stuff.

OnlineRender
03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
must have been some crap day in the office that animation is stunning .

COBRASoft
03-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Impressive result!

colkai
03-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Err FECK!
I can only concur with the others, stunning stuff, truly stunning.

Escelce
03-04-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the replies. Here are some of the files created for the clip. Very basic but i hope they can be of use.

Star Trek Corridor:
Basic stereo-typical style. includes two objects, straight and curved. The other series have different looks so I hope this will be a starting point if you want to adapt it.

Phaser:
Very basic, but its based on the main version seen in TNG.

LCARS:
This is a scene file and its fully animated. I hope this can be of use to someone. Included are the objects and basic LWS scene file. The video file is the finished version and includes post work, but should give you the general idea.

Thanks again for watching the video and glad you liked it.

-Steve

Riza
03-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Fun to watch! Love it!

alesxander
03-04-2011, 12:56 PM
cool, i love it. how did you do the explosions?

good luck

alesxander,
http://alesxander.com

JohnMarchant
03-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. Here are some of the files created for the clip. Very basic but i hope they can be of use.

Star Trek Corridor:
Basic stereo-typical style. includes two objects, straight and curved. The other series have different looks so I hope this will be a starting point if you want to adapt it.

Phaser:
Very basic, but its based on the main version seen in TNG.

LCARS:
This is a scene file and its fully animated. I hope this can be of use to someone. Included are the objects and basic LWS scene file. The video file is the finished version and includes post work, but should give you the general idea.

Thanks again for watching the video and glad you liked it.

-Steve

Thanks for the scene file. The corridor is broken up was this model part of a dynamics shot.

Escelce
03-05-2011, 04:41 AM
@Johnmarchant: sorry i forgot to say that the object was used in a dynamics shot for my previous video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDmjXiS5MA

I have since merged the polygons back together so its not a collection of objects but I forgot the seperation lines are still there. Sorry if it looks strange.

Attached is the original saved version. The surfaces aren't setup but can be copied across from the new one. I hope it helps.

-Steve

JohnMarchant
03-05-2011, 06:29 AM
@Johnmarchant: sorry i forgot to say that the object was used in a dynamics shot for my previous video:

STAR TREK - Tribes Teaser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDmjXiS5MA)
I have since merged the polygons back together so its not a collection of objects but I forgot the seperation lines are still there. Sorry if it looks strange.

Attached is the original saved version. The surfaces aren't setup but can be copied across from the new one. I hope it helps.

-Steve

Thanks Steve, no apology needed mate,nice of you to provide the content, just interested in the dynamics shot, how did it come out, can we see it. Dynamics in LW is something ive always had a problem with, getting the look right, all the endless tweaking.

Regards John

Escelce
03-05-2011, 06:53 AM
@Johnmarchant: The dynamics in LW has always been a bit tricky for me when breaking up scenery and this had a lot of smoke layers applied because I couldnt get some of the sections to break up the way i imagined. I wanted that slowmotion independence day feel of the ship really being beaten up but it was later cut to a very quick shot. Since this was done though ive learned a few new tricks which i think would help. The shot is at the end of the Tribes animation linked below if you want to see it. Welcome for the content and hope you can use it for something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDmjXiS5MA

-Steve

JohnMarchant
03-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Very nice indeed mate, now there's a good tutorial to be had there for all us Dynamics newbies and wannabes. A breakdown of that video would be something i would buy.

Lots of tutorials on modeling, texturing and rigging et al, but not so many good ones on particles and dynamics in LW.

Well done mate looks great if like you said a little short, ive always found the initial setup ok, its just getting the look you want, the endless tweaking for me did not result in anything substantially different from what i initially setup and yes changing the speed of it was a problem.

OnlineRender
03-06-2011, 02:07 AM
that just gives me wood , AE optical flares used ? if this ever gets made into a feature I want in :) love'in it .

Escelce
03-07-2011, 03:52 AM
@OnlineRenderer: I'll keep that in mind:-) Thanks. Yes Optical Flares btw

oliversimonnet
03-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Fantastic work Escelce!!
beutifle.

warrenwc
03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Ditto! great stuff.:thumbsup:

SonicPerfect
03-09-2011, 05:41 AM