PDA

View Full Version : REBUSFARM issues

Pavlov
03-03-2011, 05:03 AM
Anyone had some luck with them ?
I'm trying their service for LW + Kray but it simply doesnt work.
Scene is fine, i checked it dozens of times and i simplified it a lot.
Same scene is rendering nicely at Garage Farm now, but i wanted to test Rebus in case of extreme need.
Technical assistance doesnt answer - i wrote two emails - and even tough their workflow is lovely (very easy to setup and use) i cant use it at all.
I tried to upload and render from two completely different machines and i get same issue: it comes to a popint where it says "RENDERING", but nothing happens. Freezed.
Am i the first man on the earth to use LW+Kray at rebus, or what ?

thanks,
Paolo

3DGFXStudios
03-03-2011, 05:52 AM
I used it with the normal lw render engine and that worked perfectly. The only issue I had was that it drains your money. I had to pay 3000 euro's just for one animation that I can render on our 8CORE machines over night. That's a bit expensive imo.
I don't use kray so I can't tell you if that works unfortunately

Pavlov
03-03-2011, 07:07 AM
mmm price seems quite too high.
I made an estimation of my move: it would take 17 days on a single 8 core machine, it takes just 5 hours on Rebus and it costs 1000 € or so.
Maybe they changed pricings from then...

bye
Paolo

3DGFXStudios
03-03-2011, 07:43 AM
According to their calculations it all looks doable but I ended up with double the costs so I figured buying some 1u 12Core Xeon X5650 render nodes my self. that would be cheaper after all .

Soth
03-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Or you can use other farm - one that will be cheaper than buying the computer and much faster too.

This is a long thread, but makes good lecture if one wants to use render farm services: http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109506

I think just few days ago I convinced Paolo. ;)