PDA

View Full Version : Making a scene that is backwards go forwards

jamestownhodag
03-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I recently had a reel of film that was not rewound correctly. I tried to correct it and the film is too brittle to run the correct way (wound the wrong way too many years on the reel) so I ended up transfering it upsidedown and backward.I was able to flip the video, but it is still running in reverse. Is there a way on SE 1.5 to make it play forward? To flip the film, I went into the control tree and found the way to flip it from upside down to right side up, but it is still in reverse. Thanks.

Scott Bates
03-01-2011, 02:34 PM
F8 = Clip Properties. Select the clip and click the little button beside "Reverse" - been exactly there more than once....

lcress
03-01-2011, 03:10 PM
However, if you have an affect such as a fade in / fade out on the beginning and end of the clip then your incoming video and outgoing video go in reverse.

If the clip is not too long, its a good idea to render your reverse clip out to a file and bring it back in to replace the original. That makes it a lot easier to deal with if you want to do fades, speed change, etc.

Mutley Eugenius
03-01-2011, 03:36 PM
unless you make it a sub project after you reverse it, then it will act like a normal clip.

jamestownhodag
03-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Thanks everyone! lcress love the Quad!

lcress
03-03-2011, 09:40 AM
lcress love the Quad!

Yep, used to hammer the heck out of those 2000's back in the day!