PDA

View Full Version : Image Sequence import.

DaveLEWIS
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I have this recuring problem in Layout, where when I load into Image Editor a sequence of image, only the first image will show up. I have turned sequence on. I have tried projecting the sequence onto a plane and also using the sequence as a backdrop composite.

I have also tried changing the names of the files to 01, 02, 03 etc.

I know that there is probably a simple explanation for this, but nothing obviouse is jumping out at me:S

DaveLEWIS

Dexter2999
03-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Are there any spaces in the names? Sometime I have issues with that (can't remember that being an issue with LW specifically though)

Also, what format are the images? BMP, JPG, and TGA are the ones I use. Never tried PNG , which many people like for output, for input.

DaveLEWIS
03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi Dexter2999,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried the names with many combinations, including words, underscores and numbers on their own, but still no go:(

Dexter2999
03-01-2011, 04:42 PM
What format are the image sequence stills in?

DaveLEWIS
03-01-2011, 04:47 PM
The images are jpgs. I'll try something else:D

probiner
03-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Spaces is workinf fine on my end.
If you tryed 'image 001.format' and so on and still no go, what about restarting Layout. Also have you scrubbed the minislider in Image Editor and Layout Timeline as well? nothing?

Attach Screenshot of Image Editor and the first 2 image files.

Good luck

dwburman
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
You could try manually entering the first and last frame and in and out frame in the Image Editor panel?

jeric_synergy
03-01-2011, 08:02 PM
I have this recuring problem in Layout, where when I load into Image Editor a sequence of image, only the first image will show up. I have turned sequence on. I have tried projecting the sequence onto a plane and also using the sequence as a backdrop composite.

I have also tried changing the names of the files to 01, 02, 03 etc.

I know that there is probably a simple explanation for this, but nothing obviouse is jumping out at me:S
Send us a screen grab of a folder full of a sequence that is giving you problems. Fresh eyes and all that.

Dexter2999
03-01-2011, 08:12 PM
I was going to say that I have also had issues with images sequences not being liked if there are other numbers in the file name. Like "model_v002.001.jpg"

jeric_synergy
03-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Exactly: I remember something from 'way back along those lines. Maybe even more obscure.

djlithium
03-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Exactly: I remember something from 'way back along those lines. Maybe even more obscure.

Hey Dave...
Can you try something? This is totally off the wall but try this, convert them to TGA or PNG and see if the problem happens again. If so, I don't know what the deal is, but if not, it could be the application that produced the JPG sequence in the first place is not creating them correctly and the headers of the files AFTER the first frame are gooned and while they may read in other apps, they won't read in LW because LW is rather unforgiving in some respects when it comes to image type specification compliance.
If I remember correctly I have seen this happen with adobe products and once or twice in the past with fusion on TGA files. What app created the JPG sequence?

Another easy way to test this is to rename the first frame to something else and load the sequence from 002 and see if it does the same thing.

Dexter2999
03-04-2011, 02:15 AM
So, did this get resolved?