PDA

View Full Version : 3 Play requires several reboots

vanderwielen
02-25-2011, 03:08 PM
I've always had this problem. I start the 3play, start a new session and no video is present in the preview or output windows. I reboot. It may or may not work. I reboot. Again, the waiting game. It seems to work more often when video is present on the 1st channel than when it isnt. I've reseated all cards and still it's touch and go. has anyone experiences this? I'm running analog composite. If I open an existing session, same issue.

dfarness
10-12-2011, 09:11 AM
We are experiencing this same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

vanderwielen
10-12-2011, 10:09 AM
no, we made sure video was present before applying power to the computer (not just turning it on). we since have upgraded to 820s.

SBowie
10-12-2011, 10:12 AM
It's kind of an odd issue ... enough so that if it's happened more than once, Tech Support may well have a solution in their database by now.

dfarness
10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
I just spoke with them today. They suggested running the "restore" function. I won't have a chance to test this until tomorrow. We are having another issue, concurrently, where, after the I/O fails, we shutdown to windows and see 2 error messages. "Application.Replay.RunInput.exe" failed and "Application.Replay.RunOutput.exe" failed

SBowie
10-12-2011, 03:38 PM
I just spoke with them today. They suggested running the "restore" function. Sounds like good advice.

dfarness
10-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Did the "Restore" today. It did seem to resolve all of our issues. However, it was not for the faint of heart. It required re-activating windows and re-registering the 3-play software. These two things actually took longer than the "Restore" procedure. I started at 9am and didn't finish until 11:30.

Note: If you are not connected to the internet you cannot use the windows product key, on the unit, to activate windows. Instead you have to select "register buy phone" This uses an automated voice and a different product key to activate windows. Who new?

Anyway it appears to be working now. :D

dfarness
10-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Did the "Restore" today. It did seem to resolve all of our issues. However, it was not for the faint of heart. It required re-activating windows and re-registering the 3-play software. These two things actually took longer than the "Restore" procedure. I started at 9am and didn't finish until 11:30.

Note: If you are not connected to the internet you cannot use the windows product key, on the unit, to activate windows. Instead you have to select "register buy phone" This uses an automated voice and a different product key to activate windows. Who new?

Anyway it appears to be working now. :D

I spoke to soon. The "Restore" cured some of the bugs but we still have to reboot the system 5 or more times to get the signal to pass. Tried support yesterday and got voice mail.

SBowie
10-27-2011, 09:49 AM
No clue, sorry. I'm going to draw this to the attention of QA, maybe they'll have some ideas.